Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Diane

Im sure you will get lots of good advice, I always have but thought I would give my tuppence worth (if that)

Ive been to the busier resorts (Marmaris, Bodrum etc) and for the first time last October went with the gf to Hisaronu/Olu Deniz. This has now spoiled the rest of Turkey for me as I cant imagine going anywhere else now. Great scenery, beaches, people, food, activities and weather. We went in October and it was perfect.

Cant recommend fancy hotels as Im only a poor Geordie and went cheap as chips but there are loads of recommendations on the Hotel Review page.

Have a great time wherever you decide
hi diane i do agree with paul about olu deniz but i went reverse it is a lovely place the lagoon and beaches are spot on . but i decided to go to marmaris one year and loved it plenty of fun a great beach along the road in icemeler cheap boat trips £10 all in. we stayed in armutulan area just a walk away from front in club anastasia it is a verygood place to stay. if i were you i wouldnt go a.l as it is still cheap to eat i came home with money from marmaris but not from olu deniz hassle what hassle all part of the holiday just say no thanks and walk on or (parayok).every one different enjoy where ever you go. ken (poor jarra lad)
If you are interested in Olu Deniz, and going AI there are two good AI hotels at the front of the resort. One is called the Club Belcekic Beach Hotel and the other the Olu Deniz Resort hotel. Quite a few people on this board have stayed at one or other of these and they get good reports.

Particularly for there food which is where a lot of AI's fall down. Also if you can get them at a good price you can still have a few evenings out if you fancy a change of scenery. Thomson/Portland feature both of these hotels.

Doe :D
The best AI in Turkey I have been to is the Hemera in Side,it has excellent reviews.Side is a beautiful old town with roman ruins.It also has lovely golden sand beaches.
i agree with Jay..Side has a lot to offer
i think the titanic you are referring to is a big complex near Alanya..and as you say its not in any resort...its really outside.
For a holiday in the end of the season you need to be in a fair sized town.
anyway have fun deciding and wherever you go im sure you will get hooked on Turkey.
I agree with Side as well. It will be interesting to hear what the Hemera is like after the refurbishment.
Hi!
My husband and I went to Olu Deniz a couple of years ago and stayed at the Montebello Hotel. Lovely hotel and staff - and they bring the cake trolley around the pool about 4.00 every afternoon (honest) !!! We enjoyed the private beaches just past the lagoon especially Josephs who would greet you and find you a suitable sunbed then offer you refreshment, tea or beer etc. :roll:
I have been to Icmeler 4 times in October thats 28 days in the last 4 years we had sun for 27 days and Rain for the evening of the next day, Take a cardigan/light jacket to wear in the evening.
In talking with other people during my time in Turkey everyone I spoke with said All inclusive was a waste of money, and generally they all said after a few days of eating the same foods they all decided that eating out was the best way and they chose to eat out in the evenings, I also always go self catering as that way I am not tied to the Hotels times in eating etc.
hi i do agree with rwb46 self catering is a better option if your going for a week turkey is such a nice place if your there for a week you will miss it being tied to hotel go sc and get out and about .boat trips are about £10 for all day relaxing food and beer included in price. jeep safari what a laugh ( take your water gun)...mud baths etc the point i'am making just get out and about and see the country and eat any where i think its abit cheaper in marmaris than olu deniz have fun.. :glynis :sun
We are going half board for the first time as we've always gone B&B before but the deal was just too good. We will still eat out a few times as one of the charms of Turkey is the vast choice of places to eat. I cannot imagine going all that way and just staying within the grounds of one hotel. We love getting out among the locals and exploring the countryside.

A/I is perhaps better for families with kids who don't want to be dragged all over Roman ruins but would rather be splashing about in the pool or on a waterslide.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.