Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
1. There are loads of places. There is the Marina as you've mentioned but there is also a walkway along the front for miles.

2. PB has loads of bars and reastaurants.

3. PB has several beaches, the nearest to Sun Tropical is Playa Dorada and it's an excellent beach. It's about 10 - 15 mins walk but Sun Tropical run a shuttle bus as far as I know.

4. Never done it but it's about 75 e return.

5. It's worth hiring a car and seeing the island. Failing that there are many excursions. Places not to miss are the national park, Cesar Manrique foundation and the caves. Also Puerto Calero for lunch and people watching and El Golfo for dinner.
Robert has summed it up nicely, but I would add.....

4-I don't think the ride to Fuerteventura is worth the expense-nothing there that isn't in PB.

5- At your boys ages would think they would enjoy a day out at Rancho Texas.

You'll have a great time there, something for all ages.
I forgot about Rancho Texas, good shout!!!!
I can highly reccommend the Rancho Texas evening excursion. It was by far the best night of our holiday, our two boys (8 & 5) loved it and so did we, we plan doing it again on our next trip in December. The entertainment is fantastic (especially for boys) and the food and drink are plentiful.
We stayed at The Sun Tropical too and found it more than sufficient for our needs. Ok, it's not directly on the beach/centre, but it isn't far and at your boy's age they shouldn't mind the 10 minute stroll down. The dome is OK for cheesy kid's entertainment too.
The marina is absolutely beautiful, we felt as though we were in Monaco :cheers We ate in Lani's in the daytime and the waiter brought bread for the kids to feed the fish that were swimming underneath. The evenings are also lovely, great restaurants and you have the Cafe Del Mar which is great for drinks and cocktails, it's like the Garden of Eden.
The Playa Dorada beach is fantastic, very safe for the kids.
I would definatly reccommend hiring a car whle your there, it's so easy to drive and you get to see so much more of the island. Have a drive to Puerto Calero marina.
We didn't do the ferry to Fuerteventura as we had read it wasn't worth the money. I kind of regreted it when we got back because it's not a place I'd want to go for a full holiday so this would be a good way of seeing it. Never mind, maybe next time.

When do you go? We'll be there 6th December.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.