Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Do you have to book on line with the Guardian code?
Surely the car park office staff would know you were doing this as I have already phoned them with car number,date of departure etc?
I booked on-line, I don't know if you can get the discount by telephone, they must get so many bookings I doubt they would remember each one or you could say your husband has booked aswell so you are double booked.
Thats all I done, booked with first code then cancelled and rebooked with guardian code. All online though.
Has anyone got the web address to book on line as the link on my invoice doesnt work?
Are the codes available for all airports?
My daughter is going away for 2 weeks at Easter from Heathrow and would love to pay less for her car parking.
Hi,

Does anyone know what airlines and new routes Newcastle are launching in 2010 - will there be any new Long Haul Routes, e.g. New York, Cuba, Barbados, Luxor, Kenya, e.t.c

Also, when is construction on the new Terminal Pier and airport expansion going to start??
Hi all I have just tried the guardian code and I am getting £39.90 wish I could have gotten it for the £19.95 but, still a bargain :tup
Jacqui,I paid £19.95 for 1 week and its £39.90 for 2 weeks.
guardian code fab,got my parking for £19.95 for 9 days in october,it has cost me the same for 4 nights in march.

bamburghsue
It's £19.95 for up to 2 weeks, if you're away for 2 weeks and you return at a later time than you left, it's double
I have just priced it for 2 weeks in May but as we dont return until 2am on the last night its £39.95,as it works out at 16 days.
Still a bargain though as we normally pay £33 for 1 week.
Does anyone know how long the Guardian code will be available?
Definitely still there at the end of August, they seem to be semi-permanent, "08" codes, intended for 2008 still work now, but they're not as good as the new one
The Guardian code discount has now changed!
I decided to wait until today to book and the quote that was £39.95 yesterday is now £47.00!
There is a new code in our free paper which is £29.99 for one week and £39.99 for two weeks. The code is EASTER4 if anyone needs it :)
Ive just tried the EASTER4 code but there is no availability for my dates,May3rd for 2 weeks.
Does anyone know of any other discount codes?
Don't know what Newcastle airport are playing at but the state of the public toilets near to the entrance of the duty free shop are an absolute DISGRACE. I am hard-pressed to remember where I have been in worse facilities and not a cleaner or attendant in sight!

Our flight was 6.20pm on Friday 6 August and we were in the airport from 3.40pm, I took my daughter to the toilet and I couldn't believe my eyes.....several cubicles were unoccupied and when opening the doors it was easy to see why. The flush systems obviously weren't working and there was accumulations of toilet roll and worse, floors were wet and sanitary bins over-flowing.

I unfortunately had to go back to these toilets on a further 2 occasions before our flight started to board and there was no sign of a cleaner and the toilets remained as they were. I asked a shop assistant who was using the toilets how they put up with it like this and was told it's always the same and the last 3 toilets always had problems with the flush!

Well if that's the case Newcastle clearly need an on-duty attendant/cleaner to ensure the facilities don't get into this state. It's 2010 there's absolutely no excuse for disgusting facilities and this is something that Newcastle airport management needs to get a grip of (my letter of complaint is on it's way).

In addition, to the side of the Passenger Assistance area there is a small stall selling coffees, danish pastry's croissants etc (think this is only open mornings as it wasn't open while we were there) and the state of it....a thick layer of dust on the counter, croissant crumbs over display packaging...basically a clear lack of basic food hygiene and again, there's no excuse. If this stall isn't used all day then there's no excuse for it not being cleaned down thoroughly. The thickness of dust leaves me to believe it hadn't been touched in weeks!

Very poor show Newcastle!
PS - can anyone explain why customs was deserted of any staff at 12.30am.....I thought they worked 24 hours....anyone could have been bringing anything in!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.