Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Newtons etc.
18 Posts
dont know bout shower gel. but i tryed getting hair spray cos i run oit , and it was a night mare, the two big shops, which i thought would of sold it didnt, got it in a shop down near calangute beach, tho dont know why i really bothered. 10 minutes on sunbed my hair was a mess :)
Fortunately, being a 61 year old male with thinning hair, I don't need hair spray :rofl
:) ur so lucky. wish i didnt need it, think ill get it cut very short for next holiday. or do what i do for hubbie befor we go away, shave it all off, :)
Del you can always try a shave at one of the many barbers (superb) for a few rps. Maybe buy a shaving brush & soap stick most shops sell them and there are plenty to choose from and fairly cheap. I think Johnny's (or most other chemists) will sell shaving foam/gel, if you do get the chance to visit the barber's you will enjoy it.......honest....cheers Keith
Thanks Keith, I do that anyway but not every day!
just trying to minimise what we actually take and buy what we can there to save weight.
SWMBO won't thank me for saying this but she pinches the shaving gel for her legs! So a brush and stick may not be the answer!
many thanks Sam.
Another 500 grms saved!
had to laugh when i read your post del :)

i also use hubbies gel. for my legs i find it smells nicer than some of the ladys stuff i buy to use :) good job he dont read these posts or he will be saying, ahh now i know why i have to buy so many cans of the stuff .
But,,,, do you also steal his razors?? ;)
I think Tesco do one in a miniature travel size along with deodorants and talc costing £2 for 3, these can be put in your hand luggage in the plastic bag thing, I did it on a recent trip to Spain no problem Del
dont be silly del. ive got my own lady shaver, :) ;)
feel the vibe, yes i have seen those, but what I want to do is take as little as possible and pick up what I need there.

and seeing as we all believe our spouses do not read these posts....I could leave SWMBO at home and save a good few kilos :D

(shuts the laptop very very quickly!!!!!!)
hehe think your in for a slap, if and when she reads this. :)
I verey rarely use my hand luggage allowance Del but I will be doing so this time as I need to get all the fishing gear in the case...... oooops shuts laptop before wifey sees :tup
Yes, as Sam says you can get gel in Goa.

I always take a King of Shaves shaving oil (or a cheaper alternative that some supermarkets sell). It's a small plastic bottle and doesn't weigh much at all. I always think it gives a better shave.
The oil only weighs 15 grams. and gives up to 100 shaves.
Can even have one on the plane.
It's perfect
I've tried that and am not too keen on it, just feels funny.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.