General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Now..at least you can be guaranteed your 1st choice of destinations
It depends on how fussy you are and if you are restricted to certain dates.

You can usually find something in most destinations last minute but it could be a very grotty cheapie or 5* luxury, theres no way of knowing what will be available, especially with the weather doing such strange things and the currant situation with security.

But if, like us you are flexible there are some great last minute deals to be had.

Lynn
book it now, at least you will get some choice over flights and accomadation
i always book well in advance. i'm already looking into a special holiday for next september. booking in advance. i do feel that i can get exactly what i want and when i want it and it gives me something to look forward to. medot.xx
I book well in advance. Booked February 06 holiday as soon as I returned from February 05 :lol:

Also booked next Octobers holiday back in June this year. I did book this one early though as it is my honeymoon :D
I think it depends if you're restricted to peak season - I'm not, so I usually find the best prices for me are to be found round about January and then March, for a May or June holiday (I got a free child place this year for May, booked only 2 months before departure). There was lots of availability too, and 3 of the big tour operators (mytravel in January, then First Choice and also Thomson in early March) were giving very reasonable prices at those times.

Elaine
I prefer to book as early as possible. I booked next August's Turkey holiday as soon as the brochures came out at the end of April this year. (15½ months in advance) I got a good early-booking discount and a free child place for my 13 year-old.
We had a week in Tenerife (just got back 9 days ago) and booked it 9 days before departure - it was a little cheaper than the brochure price, but certainly not any kind of amazing bargain. I don't think there are all that many late deals to be had nowadays, not like there used to be. I prefer to book early and know I've got my choice of hotel, free child places and plenty of time to save up and plan for it. :D
......for maximum choice of flights and accomodation, more and more people are opting for the diy option nowadays......
:D Definately now! I have booked mine 13 months in advance, got a free childs place, and a damn good price. Checked price a couple of weeks ago and it's gone up by £200, (Shouldn't do that really cos I'd have been well sick, if the price had gone down.)

Last year decided to wait 4 weeks before we wanted to go away, thought we'd get it for a knock down price - How wrong, if anything it was more expensive than we have payed in past, the only accomodation left was the crappy one's, and we had to travel to a different airport miles away from where we live. My advice- get it booked now. All the best. BBB.
It depends on how flexible you are. If you don't need to book for the School holidays then its quite possible to leave it late and pickup some good deals in the non-peak periods. We got a villa for six (but only two of us) with pool for £169 each for the week including the flights and car hire, this June by leaving it last minute. Brochure price booking early was well over £1000 for the same place.
I always book in advance.

Last year I booked in January to go with the girls to Magaluf in August. My boyf then booked Magaluf AOA about 4 days before he went and it was about £50 more expensive!! That was with us paying insurance with Thomson, 3xsupplements, in flight meals, pre booked seats and getting to pick our own hotel!!!

Id deffo book now!
I always book ahead, i have just returned from Santorini that was booked 9 months before and have already booked in June this year for October 06!

We may look for a late deal for a week in June though for the first time ever! :D
We booked ours a year in advance as we find it really hard to get rooms for family of 5...i personally think you get more choice booking early...not only that but the excitment of your forthcoming holiday...
We booked this weekend for Whit half term at the end of May and for August. Knew where we wanted to go, got a good deal on both holidays both with different Travel Agents to get the best prices (cheaper than I could get on-line) Also in May there is only one flight on a Friday to Taba from Manchester so had to book early.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.