Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Yes, wrong time of year to look imo!

Perfect time for travel agents with people coming home all geared up to booking back somewhere if they loved it so much.
Come out of holiday mode and keep watching the prices, that is what we do. Plus free kids places have probably not been allocated yet, if that affects you also.
hiya im not sure if it gone up much since last year,but online they uoted me just over 3800,for 2 adults,2 kids and 1 infant.for 1st 2 weeks in may
so i went into the TA and they have quoted me 2778 thats all in,sit together,meals.that was with a free kids place,and 2nd child half rice
thats at the holiday village
harrison, have a look at the new jungle aqua resort in hurghada with F/C, looks pretty good and with it being new it will give it a year to sort all the teething problems out. I looked at the H/V - Sharm but its well out of my price range im afraid! Have been quoted Sunrise Tiranna £2800 for 4 of us in May but for me its still a bit expensive.

Nia x ;)
Just booked 2 weeks at the Sunrise Tirana for Sept 2010 and paid £1680 for me, hub and 3 year old. All inclusive with Direct Holidays. It will be out first time to Egypt and I am soooo looking forward to it already!!
sally ive been quoted for that hotel today, but was a bit worried about last few reviews grr, this was for the end of sept 2010, oh decisions
hi Ellie, considering its a brand new hotel, the reviews for the first few months have been excellent. They've now hit peek season and are struggling to cope. However, I am sure by next year they will have got their act together, all the bars and pools will be open and hopefully more staff!

I will look to see what the reviews in Sept are like. I dont pay attention to "bad" reviews unless they are really horrendous! We have never had a bad holiday yet and its what you make of it isnt it.

The main complaint is short staffed and people waiting to be served. Well we just go with the flow on holiday and if there is huge queue we will go back later, or get 2 lots of drinks at the same time.

I am not put off by the reviews - its clean and the weather is hot!
the reviews i read were about sickness thats what i was worried about, as we will have a child and baby with us :think

still unsure what to do, going to turkey on tues so think ill wait til i get back now, i had a quote for 2 rooms today for this hotel in tc shop got a free child place in 1 room and baby was 29 then rang up direct holidays and they didnt have any free child places but the room for 2 adults and a baby was £400 cheaper than tc and the room with 2 adults and a child was £40 more but had plane meals and 5 kilo of extra luggage lol, so much for the free child place :que , this was for 10 nights
yes I read about the sickness but again you read this with many other hotels in high season too. We will be going with our son who will be 3 by then and will just be very careful, drink plenty fluids and not too much rich food and alcohol. And not too much sun!

Hope you have a great holiday in Turkey x
i have booked the coral sea for next may 2010, 2 weeks AI. 2 adults and 2 kids, one was free child place
We were at the Tirana Whit Half term, didn`t get ill, food was good, (hot and replenished regularly) hotel was very clean, rooms good, pools spotless, no problem getting sunbeds they were available all day (ok not enough rings at aquapool but they could soon rectify that). We had a great holiday. I can`t beleive the latest reviews its like a totally different hotel to the one we were at.
Hi katiesmum! yes I saw you had been there. Its just this last week the reviews have been pretty bad... but we dont go till next year so hopefully they will have sorted the staffing issues etc etc by then!
Hi,

Long time since we chatted. We really enjoyed our holiday there - hope its just one of those little blips that most hotels seem to get!!
We are off to Sunrise Royal Makadi in August - the reviews were great - about May they became rather dire! (but many of the not good reviews were from first time posters on TA! say no more!) they are now getting better again. Trying to keep an open mind otherwise if you are anything like me you feel like you are loosing the plot.

Don`t know if you remember, all the horrible reviews that were flying around this time last year about the Holiday Village (again we were going there in the August) our holiday was good.

I appreciate everyone has different expectations when going away - but some prople should book to stay at `Buckingham Palace` because this is what they must be expecting! but suppose they would still find something to moan about. Rant over!

I`m sure you will have a wonderful time, the hotel is great, your son will love the pools and the slides.
ah thanks for that, really looking forward to it! we've never had a bad holiday yet despite some bad reviews of other hotels we have stayed at.

hope to chat soon, enjoy your holiday in August x
Thanks Sally, I`m sure it will be brilliant. Need sunshine, don`t know whats happened to the weather lately.

Chat soon.

Helen
im going to have a big think about it, as we also are taking our son with us thats on medication for a serious condition he has, and if he gets sick its into hospital without any hestitation so this worries me aswell as my younger daughter and the baby becoming ill. we really fancy egypt but think the risk might be too high for us, going to turkey tomorrow so will monitor things and decide what to do :duh , im hopeless at making decisions lol
I hope you have a great time in Turkey.
if we dont make it this time , then we might book for the 2 of us another time and that way it wont be so bad lol, hubby is a qualified diver so i know he would be would love it.

ive persauded my older 2 kids to come with us, with their partners as its for a special birthday, so just got to decide where lol

karen
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.