Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Every time I've been to Pafos I've seen trips to Nicosia advertised by all the various reps, usually including a visit to the Museum, some time in the old town and with a stop of at Lefkara (where you WILL buy some lace!) on the way back.
It's worth having a look over the barricade in Ledra Street while you are in Nicosia as well as going up to the viewing tower at Woolworths (now Ermes) to get a view of the occupied North but also spend some time in the old town area, strolling around the narrow little streets. It's a lovely old town.
There's a remote possibility that Ledra Steet will actually be re-opened this year, by the way, unless the politicians once again manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!
I normally go by hire car and do the almost obligatory stop at Petra Tou Roumio (Aphrodites birthplace) on the way back. It's far quicker than going by coach and is a surprisingly easy trip.
I know that various operators are also doing trips across to the North via Nicosia but it would make for a long day.

Dave
Hi

There are lots of agents advertising trips to Nicosia. Although, the cheapest trip I have found is a shopping day out to Nicosia, run direct by a local company, rather than through the many agents.
They have all sorts of trips advertised on boards, which are in plain site. They are located by the bus terminus in old Pafos Town, at the bottom end of the market.
Last year the trip to Nicosia was Cyp 8.50 per person, although that could well have risen this year.

Breezer
Nicosia is wonderful and we crossed over the green line through the buffer zone which was both sad and eerie. I have done it twice the first time when the UN peacetalks were on and feelings were running pretty high. THe second time we crossed was better although we did get a bit lost. It is very different from the south side.

I really did feel sad for all the people who have been affected by the troubles. It must be awful for them.

Definetly worth visiting.

Anne
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.