Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi John, :wave The Nizmar is on the Calangute/Candolim road,5mins walk from Calangute main street.It is opposite the new restraunt"Midas Touch",which serves a fantastic choice of food(veggie,no problem).Have fun.... :glynis
Cheers noggin, looking forward to it already, my mates have just got back in time for the snow. They took some photo's of where i'm stopping, its not far from the church in the middle of the road so thats near to where i stopped last year, spent a lot of time in a watering hole called "The Bar". Looking forward to trying some new places this year, any good new bars opened ??..
:) Hi Heppy,
Steve and I stayed at the Nizmar in January this year, we did put a review of the hotel on the Hotel Review site at the top of the page,just go to the India page and you'll find it.
There was nothing wrong with the hotel just our room, we where positioned at the back of the hotel over looking a back lane, this had a small bar (Franklins) on it that did keep us awake some night till about 4am :tdown , but other wise it was fine.
The hotel put on entertainment most evenings, some you had to pay extra for and the pool area was a little over crowded with sun beds, but you dont spend all your time in your hotel do you :?:
Vegeterian food is widely available and very good :tup , although i am not vegeterian i did have quiet a few "veggie" meals myself the Aloo Gobi at the Mango Grove bar and restaurant in Candolim was very good, i even had it for breakfast one morning (although it was 11.30am) :shock: , Chickpea Dahl and Vegetable Pakora's were also delicious.
hope this help and have a lovely stay wish i was going :cry:
jayne :wave
Cheers Jayne, i'll look for your review, thanks for the info..
Anybody recently back from the Nizmar, how was it ??. Going in November, can't wait. Stopped in Calangute last year, fantastic, just hope it hasn't changed too much..

Regards

John
hi me and a friend came back from goa just over 2 weeks ago,and stayed at the nizmar,,
would highly recommend the hotel..it was very clean,cleaned on a daily basis,the staff were amazing,could not do enough for you..
the pool was quite small so if you want a sunbed get down there early..not too many around...food was served round the pool all day long and the pool closes at 6..food was good there also..chinese on the roof but never tried it,was told that it was good..we were shown a room on the left hand side but asked for another which was the 1st block on the right on the top floor which was not a problem!would def go back and stay there as we thought it was a central location and just got tuk tuk's or taxi's to either baga for the beach and bars or candolim for the great restraunts...
Cheers for the info Robbie. Just one question though, what was wrong with the 1st room ???

Regards

John
I am staying at The Nizmar Resort, Calangute in November & am a first time visitor to Goa. I would appreciate any comments/recommendations on which bars restaurants to visit & what weather l can expect, also the views of anyone who has previously stayed at The Nizmar. I have also been advised to take a taxi from the airport on arrival as opposed to a transfer by coach, any advice appreciated.
hi scrumpy1
if you look further down on the main page there is another thread on the nizmar..
robbie
Scrumpy, if you click on the hotel reviews on this site there are quite a few for the Nizmar. This hotel gets the thumbs up from me as well :)
Hi scrumpy, you are right in thinking it would be easier to get a taxi to pick you up from the airport, especially if someone on your coach has luggage misssing, we waited 3 hrs one year on the coach and that is just sitting outside the airport with another hour to go until we reached the hotel. :rage
Following on from something I said earlier, just another little tip. There's a local cola drink called 'Thumbs Up'. Avoid this at all costs its flamin' awful :yuck
I'M stopping at the Nizmar in Nov. flying on the 24th from Manchester, if your there at the same time maybe i could show you some of the bars etc. Went with my mates last year but going with the girlfriend this year. Absolutely superb last year.
I've had some good feedback from my mates who were in Calangute in Feb. this year, they went to the Nizmar and said it looked really good. I've also had some good reports from the people who have been on this site..

Regards

John
Hiya, been looking at the map of Goa (see earlier post) and can't find the Nizmar Hotel where we are staying in January. Can't even find the road ..naikaivaddo..or is this not the road name.

Please can anyone help!
If you are traveling from calangute on the candolim road it is on the right hand side about 2/3 of a mile from calangute centre,it is just oposite the designer shops.(levi,lee etc) Just before you reach St Anthonys church.About 3 mins in a taxi.
Sorry to go off the subject a bit but been looking at the "join the map" map and trying to find our hotel, The Nizmar Resort, does anyone have a clue where it is??????
If you look on this map you can see the location of the Nizmar.
http://www.findall-goa.com/Maps/Calangute/Calangute.htm

:)
Nizmar often claims to be in Candolim but it is closer to Calangute.

Look at the bottom left corner of the Calangute map on John the Map for Naika Vado and thats where it is. The Nizmar kind of backs onto the beach.

It is short walk cross country (not strenuous at all) to the beach or alonger walk around the road.

Nice hotel, you'll love it
Thankyou Thank you Thank you Fritz, I have just spent ages looking, i had it in my head it was near a chapel on the main road, glad you rate the hotel, gonna print this map out and take it with us.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.