Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
I have flown with a low cost airline without a ticket or voucher- I think it was bmi baby a few years ago. All I needed was to tell them my flight reference number at check-in. Do you have a flight reference number mentioned in your email.
It's years since I had tickets or vouchers for flights. With Easyjet you just need your reference number and you can either check in between 2hours and 60 days ahead of the flight online, or at the airport.
Yes- Easyjet just need your confirmation no.
Judith says...It's years since I had tickets or vouchers for flights. With Easyjet you just need your reference number and you can either check in between 2hours and 60 days ahead of the flight online, or at the airport.
How do you check in on line as we have not booked direct with easy jet and when l log in to my account on directline there is nowhere that says check in...
I think whether you can check in on line or not depends on what airport you're flying from. I would imagine that if it was available for your flight it would say somewhere on your booking confirmation. Have a look through your paperwork (e-mail confirmation or invoice) to see if it mentions it.
If you have a referece number for your Easyjet flight, go to the Easyjet website http://www.Easyjet.com and on the first page there is a box 3/4 of the way down that says online check in. Once you have entered your name and reference number it will tell you whether online checkin is possible.
doesn't online check-in need the email address and password like other options in Manage Bookings? Never tried it due to dodgy printer but I just assumed it would have the same security. In which case it won't work because thsi booking will be linked to the agents email and password.

I've done 6 easyjet flights this year and have never needed anything more than my passport - they never ask for the reference number. But make sure you have got it just to be certain you are booked. The easyjet reference should be 7 characters, mine have all begun EH this year.
I've just checked my recent confirmation of flights for next April. It states Easyjet is a ticketless airline and all you need to check in is a valid passport. In order to speed up the process you may wish to print and take your booking confirmation.
but presumably he hasn't got an easyjet confirmation because he booked through an agent, which is why he is confused.

Something else has occured which isn't mentioned - hold luggage! If that's been paid for it would be good to have it in writing.
Yes, sorry about that he possibly can't do online check in, so all he needs to do is make a copy of his confirmation,( just in case there is any problem), and just hand his passport in at check in.
I'm not even sure I have to enter my email address when checking in online, just entering my confirmation number and name will bring up my details. I so rarely book a holiday through a TA I had totally forgotten that some companies still issue vouchers for flights. As you say Steve he does need to have a copy of his hold luggage allowance if he has one as it costs a small fortune if you have to pay at the airport.
No l have not got an easyjet confirmation because l booked through an agent so cannot see how l can book online with easy jet :que
l do have E-Mail confirmation and somewhere it says luggage that is going into hold.. so l will print that out .
l do have a reference number which has 5 numbers so l presume this is all l need then.......
Ray - even if you'd booked direct with Easyjet, you could only book in online if you had carry on luggage only. Hold luggage cannot be booked in online. :tup
Hi Helen .... Easyjet passengers with hold luggage can also use online check in.
http://www.easyjet.com/en/flying/

David :wave
You are fine Ray, sorry for any confusion, enjoy your holiday (and flight)
Well knock me down with a feather :rofl You learn something new everyday. I always thought you had to check in hold luggage with every airline :duh
With Easyjet, you can check in online or at the airport. But you still need to take your hold luggage to the baggage drop off desk, meaning that some feel online check in is not worthwhile.

David :wave
Helen

I think when Easyjet first started doing online checkin you could only do it if you had hand luggage , but now most airlines have a fast bag drop which doesn't always work ( sometimes longer queues than the check in desks) but it is supposed to make the whole checking in process less of a hassle.

Judith
With Easyjet, you can check in online or at the airport. But you still need to take your hold luggage to the baggage drop off desk

Which is what we did when we went to Prague Helen. I didn't see any benefit on the way out as there was less of a queue at the normal check-in desk than the baggage drop but I was glad of it on the way back, as we got to the baggage drop just as it was opening (with no queue) whilst there was a queue a mile long at the normal check in desk.
WE were given a reservation number from our tour operator and this allowed us to book in on line
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.