General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Do you have a price that you want to keep under?
Where do you want to go?

Bridd
hi there,

we want to keep prices as cheap as poss but going in school hols we know this may jump prices up a bit.

We dont really have any preferances on where we want to go as long as it is hot and child friendly we are happy! :D
A two-bedroomed apartment would be best if you all want to stay together and it would work out cheaper to count the kids as adults as far as pricing goes. There's loads of discussions on this forum about the 'rip-off' of child prices, usually the under-occupancy supplements for just 2 adults sharing works out more than paying adult price for the kids :roll:
Some big hotels have 'family rooms' with enough beds for 2-3 adults and bunk beds and/or sofa-beds for the kids. It all depends on where you want to go, whether you want a hotel or self-catering and how much you want to spend.
Thanks for the advice. As you can tell usually travel without kids. Thought this year would be nice to take them. We are of to travel agents tommorow and are not moving untill we get a good deal! so fingers crossed.
Good luck! Although it can often be cheaper to book direct, I think in your case you'd be better off with a travel agent's advice - they know all the hotels with family rooms and all the self-catering places with bigger apartments :D
We're off to the Caleta Dorada in Fuerteventura next Easter with First Choice - we've booked a 2-bedroomed apartment with twin beds in one bedroom, kids bunk-beds (with TV, Playstation and DVD player) in the other bedroom; and sofa-beds in the lounge area. Actually there's only 3 of us (me and two teenagers) but we're greedy with space and I got a good deal (and I wanted to sleep in a proper bed in my own room instead of a lumpy sofa-bed) We've booked All-Inclusive and paid adult price for all three of us, but they do self-catering there too :wink: There's a few other places in the First Choice brochure with larger 'family rooms', so it might be worth you having a look...
I think Skytours which is the budget part of Thomson also have a few two bedroomed apartments, and at the front of their brochure they used to indicate which properties were suitable for larger families.

Just watch out for the under occupancy charges, ask for the best price they can do, sometimes, as mentioned above, it works out cheaper to book some/all of the kids as adults. A decent travel agent should be able to advise you. Good Luck. :D
Thanks so much for the advice. I will have a look in first choice brochure and hopefully find something.

I will keep you posted! :wink:
Hey all,

Some great news!

Got a hol booked today!
Me and my daughter in one room bed and breakfast to the bugibba holiday complex = £550.00
My friend and her two boys in one room b+b = £720.00

for a week on the 27th july right in the school summer holidays. We didnt think this was to bad a price. What do you think?

Regards
Boro girl :wink:
:D Well Done! That's a brill price, considering it's the school hols.( Way to go :pele ) BBB.
Well done sounds like a brill deal for the school holidays,who did you book with in the end? It will be baking in Malta in July, I know cos I went there a few years ago with my kids. Have a great time. :D :D :D
Thanks all pleased you agree that this is a good deal. :wink:

We booked the accomadation with http://www.holidayhotels.co.uk and the flights through teletext via http://www.dialaflight.co.uk
The deposits where really good we only had to put £100.00 for hotel and £100.00 for flights the rest having to be paid 8 weeks before departure!

What a deal, just glad to have something to look forward to and make going to work for pennys seem worthwhile! :D

Take care will keep you posted on progress. x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.