Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Did you book flight & hotel together with Travel Republic. I would certainly e mail them and tell them what happened, and see what their response is.
I was told that in Turkey, most hotels double book to ensure they are fully occupied but since Turkey has been so popular this year it means alot of people are having to move hotels. I booked through TR and was advised my hotel was overbooked and they gave me another hotel, which I refused and booked something else from their site. Perhaps this has happened to you but for some reason TR haven't emailed you. The hotel you have been moved too is probably the over spill hotel for the orginal hotel when it is over booked. MOst people I know who have travelled to Turkey this year have been advised their hotel is over booked, this is people booking DIY , travel agents and online.
Oh poo

i've booked s/c accommodation with travel republic to turkey due to go in 3 weeks.

think that i will e-mail the appartments and see if my booking is there.
I got the impression from the hotel manager at the Cettia that the broker in Turkey was deliberately taking money for hotels at the high end of the 4* range then dumping people in the Armar, he requested the payment for the rooms on several occasions and eventualy had to cancel. Spoke to Travel Republic but they won't discuss over the phone I have to put complaint in writing.
I have since found out that Travel Republic use a broker in the UK called "Holiday Broker" I plan to contact them next week to get their version of events.

Phil
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.