Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
No visa couple
15 Posts
What a shame. I think they should ask for compensation from whoever gave them the duff info.
That is something that happened to a couple on our outbound Monarch flight about 6 years ago.

They had even got as far as the gate when it was noticed they hadn't got visas.

Their holiday was booked a few days before and they either did not read their holiday confirmation or they were not told, but obviously they did not know to get one.

I think they were told that if they got their visas quickly, they may have been able to go the following weekend.

Our flight was delayed because obviously their luggage was on board, and needed to be taken off.

I wonder if the people who tried to check in had also only just booked their holiday, because if they had booked it several months ago then it will teach them to read the paperwork they are given carefully.
Hi Susan, what a shame. We were right at the front of the queue to be checked in so we probably missed the lady. I hope things worked out ok for her, and she maybe got away a couple of days later.
Hope it worked out for them.
have to say though, every booking i've made to goa thats 7 times. clearly on the booking guff, it has said we are responsible for getting our visas. and have been told by the travel agent staff, what we must do.
BOB
Sorry, no sympathy from me here. It is stated in every brochure and website for booking holidays to Goa that a visa is needed, how stupid are some people?
Many years ago we got to Goa and there were a couple there stopped for not having visas.Somehow they had been allowed to board the flight.Never found out what happened to them.

Papa
We were delayed a few years ago and ended up in Brighton for the night. We were speaking to a couple who told us they had their money for india. Strange I thought , you can't get Indian money in the UK. The travel agent had exchanged the money , and when I said it was impossible, they were'nt happy and off they went to check.

The travel agent had given them rupees alright, I think Indionesian or other far east country. They did have visas.

Good these travel agents???? ;) ;)
Regarding people not doing their homework, a few years ago we were making our descent for the refueling stop in Bahrain, the couple next to us asked if we were in Goa yet, when I explained we were in the Gulf, they asked where that was. The next question was, had I been to Goa before, when I said yes, they then asked if Goa was an island, and if it was far from there to India !! Not read the brochure too closely I guess Alan
how far is it from goa to india?
I have spoken to several people over the years who also thought that Goa was an island.

I must admit though that I had never heard of Goa until I met my other half in 1996 when he raved about it. Up until that point I thought that the Gambia was 'the' place to go.
I was in an Indian restaurant in Scotland and it had 'Chicken Shacuti' on the menu and it was described as being from the Indian ocean island of Goa. :que
3 years ago, our flight was delayed because some one had not got a visa and we had to wait while thier luggage was unpacked, about a week later we were talking to a couple on the beach and told them about the poor couple who missed out on a holiday, and they told us they were the couple, what had happened is they booked thier holday 10 months before flying, she became pregnant, and the baby was 3 weeks premature, they had got thier visas a couple of months before the birth but didn't get the expected baby and so they couldn't board, ( in case junior was a terrorist). they got a visa from brum on the monday and a flight out curtousy of Monarch on the Wednesday, so all was almost happy
Danny
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.