General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
haymans74 - depends on your budget - if you want the best IMHO then Bose is your answer http://www.bose.co.uk/GB/en/index.jsp they are not cheap, but you do get what you pay for - I bought the sock dock system for my son who was delighted and he bought himself the earphones and raves about them.
Take a look at this topic http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=95536&hilit=Noise+cancelling+headphones

Also if you put a search for noise cancelling headphones in the search box at the top of the page you will find several more references :tup

I recommend them and always take a pair on a flight, they usually come with an adaptor.

Graham
Wow £300 is a bit out of our budget! I was thinking nearer £50 - but if we will get rubbish for that kind of money I think we won't bother!
haymans74 wrote:
Wow £300 is a bit out of our budget! I was thinking nearer £50 - but if we will get rubbish for that kind of money I think we won't bother!

Bose are not the cheapest I know but they are the best ;) IMHO
The Bose ones are supposed to be the best but are very expensive. Many firms have copied the Bose technology and these copies are now in the main just as good. A friend I travel with has Bose headphones (though not the latest model) and I have a pair of cheap copies (bought abroad and no longer available). I have used hers on occasion and found that mine were equally as good. I did read positive reviews on the Sony ones a couple of years ago(though their earlier ones were rubbish) but haven't tried them.
I use mine all the time on flights and even keep them on when not listening to anything just so I can cut out the engine sound.
When I bought mine I found them on a comparison site which unfortunately I can't remember the name of but I think you could probably find some review sites if you google.
My headphones have just one pin and I bought a small two pin adapter for use on some planes.
Thanks Judith and Kiltman.

I think I'll have a look at some of the reviews on Amazon.
I have Sony ones and they are pretty good at cutting out the engine noise. I bought an adaptor from Amazon, but found I didn't need it on the 777 with American Airlines or BA.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.