Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
north to south
6 Posts
I'd go by taxi as more comfortable, the roads were horrendous when we last went and if we had gone by bike, don't think we'd have had many teeth left :rofl You could go by train - not having done this ourselves but others here will have and can advise you. Hire a bike/scooter for exploring when you get down there.
You could go bus to Panjim and then bus to Margao, where you could decide which resort to head for. Won't cost you much at all but I agree with Fizzy that a taxi would be the most convenient and comfortable way to do it, and well worth the fairly modest extra cost.
You may intend to wear a helmet while out and about on 2 wheels. But if you are not you will get stopped on the the NH17 between Panjim and Margao as a helmet is compulsory on the national highway. So you will end up contributing to some policemans pension plan.
h
Hi all Thank you for your replys.That is a great help to us,will get a taxi down there then hire a bike to tour round.Thanks again for your help.
You could taxi down to Cavellossim stay there a while then hire a scooter from there, they do have yellow tax plate scooters which are specially for tourist you are less likely to get pulled by the police if they see you riding one of these. The ride down to Palolem via the ferry across the river Sal is lovely the road is good and pretty quite and very scenic in places, make sure you have plenty of petrol in your tank, take your time, a bottle of water and ride sensibly and you will have a marvelous time.

tush

(I have done the ride by scooter from Cavelossim to Baga and back in a day I would not recommend it, it is a hot,dusty,bum and back aching and hazardously dangerous ride please get a taxi down and back)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.