UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
:sun we have just booked up again for 1 week end of august,same hotel stratford hotel very impressed with this hotel.
Looked at other posts for info on places to eat (2 of us) home cookin is 1st on my list.If theres any other places (not ones already on the previous posts) would be very interested to try out not too expensive though. :lol:
sleep_r _us
is it restaurants or pubs,you want to eat in? let me know & i will let, you know the most popular ones.
did you visit,any pubs,on your last visit? our nightlife,is a little bit tame,don't you think?
mind you,i suppose it's not a bad place,when the sun shines.suppose you don't really appreciate,where you live!
actually live 30 secs,away from the prom & have only been,on the seafront twice this year.just never seem to have the time :cry:
glad to hear,you enjoyed your last visit!
tracy
:D Hello Tracy 99.
Its both we want. We went in the washington tapas bar which was just round the corner from us,never tried tapas though might give them a try this time.Over the road from there is a pub can't remember the name(bit rough) We tried the manor hotel on the corner we went in there for a meal the world cup was on and cut a long story short( The staff could'nt be bothered so we walked out,their loss.
I think i might have mentioned in another post we had a meal in the new theatre resturant overlooking the sea.You don't get alot for your money and theres not alot of choice,paying for the setting i think.
Hi tracy99

We visit Llandudno quite often from the land locked Midlands - we love the place to bits ---- we have family nearby and love to visit come rain or shine. We took a group of 70 children from school last month --- they fell in love with it ------ its a really beautiful part of the UK - I know the nightlife is quiet, but to be honest that's even better (and we're not really too old !!!!)

Bet its been a stunning month for you all --- good on Wales --- its nice to see the UK tourist industry getting a break re the weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you a recommendation re what the locals consider to be a good hotel - have stayed at the Ambassador once and were quite happy --- we're thinking of somewhere on the front with good views and food -- that wont need a second mortgage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Home cookin is a fantastic place to eat, good wholesome food as well as something a little different at an affordable price. we opted for the mothers day special menu which was fab. they also look after kids with toys and a good choice of food for them also. we went to the italian just above it(cant remember the name) and found it expensive and quite a chilly place to eat.
In the daytime try the national milk bar foe a drink and a snack or bun, or both. they are both cheap and delicious even if youre not sat in 5* surroundings.
we also like the little cafe half way round the great orme(on the roadside not at the top) which we visited several times as it is a beautiful area to visit.
further afield we loved the welsh mountain zoo and also colwyn bay as my little boy loves collecting shells and there are many more types to be found on colwyn bay.
dont bother goin near rhyll or prestatyn, they are both deserted and borded up- not a nice place to visit.
llandudno is beautiful and we will visit again for many years to come.
Don't forget Conwy - the castle is a must for every child from 1 to 101!

:wink:
hi presto 2!
what sort of hotel,are you looking for?i personally,would stay in one of the smaller ones,on the front.i just think you get more personalised service.if you want me to,i could get you a few leaflets, from different ones & post them to you,that way,you will have some idea of cost & what the rooms look like.let me know,as it's no hassle,as i live,right by the front,2 mins from the pier,so i really don't mind.
sleep_r_us,if you want a nice pub,to eat in,there is one opposite,home cooking,called fountains.it's quite chilled through the day & it's nice to sit outside & relax,especially this weather.another nice place to sit & relax,is the ski lodge,up next to the ski slope.fantastic views,you won't get better.it's a bit of a climb,cos it's on the orme,but it's worth it,when you get there.it's not too far up,just a little steep.
if you want nice fish & chips ( some people do,at the seaside ) there is a nice chippy,next to the tram station,where the tram,goes up the orme.they are through to the welsh finals.best thing is,it's right next to a lovely pub,called the kings head,who also do nice meals.
the washington,has just been re-furbed,but not been in there! ( too old,for all that now )
anything else just ask
tracy
:shock: Oh lockwood you have surprised me in saying that rhyl is boarded up mind you i have'nt been for years,but in saying that i know of a family that swear by it for holidays. we were thinking of going there for the day when in llandudno for the week,maybe not now. :yikes
Hi Tracy99 - will bear that in mind - have relatives near to Holywell so we get over quite often - luverly!

Re Rhyl - we quite like the top end of town = the bottom end near the amusements is 'rough' but they seem to be working on it ---- the top end towards Splash Point is ok. Its not all boarded up --------- to be honest its better in Winter - uts cleaner --- its so sad to see just how much litter us visitors leave behind!!!!!!!

Re Prestatyn - the town isn't that bad and the sea front near to the Swimming Pool (Nova centre) is great for a flat walk or bike ride.

Must admit, we like to park up on the beach at Pensarn and have a picnic, and a walk by the sea --- Its not posh but has a small cafe or 2, a small amusement arcade and toilets ------- its usually pretty quiet too --- best of all it has the sea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wink:
:lol: What you mean your to old for the washington, we're not spring chickens, we took a couple with us in there in their late sixties and they quite enjoyed it,very soft music in the background so you were able too hear yourself speak,lovely drink large sofas could go to sleep if so desired :roll:
Anyway back to the subject you made me laugh you mentioned the fountains( well my place of work( Hotel} is called fountain hotel BUT i will try it and all the other places you mentioned thank you very much for your time if you have a spare hour or two end of aug you will be more than welcome to join us in a Large drink anywhere in llandudno.
SLEEP_r_US
thought you meant,the front bar,of the washington,sleep_r_us.that's where all the young ones go.must admit,the side bar,is quite nice.i'm not that old really,just feel it :wink:
tracy
tracy have they opened up the front part of the washington then it was still being done up when we were there few weeks ago,don.t suppose we.ll be trying that part ourselves.
yes,it opened about 2 weeks ago.they have a bar downstairs & a bar & dancefloor upstairs.all the young ones,used to go there,because before the licensing laws changed,it was only 1 of 2 places,to get a late drink.now most places, either shut at, 1 or 2, theyr'e not as busy,as they used to be.i suppose it's handy for your hotel though,went passed it today, & must admit,it looks nice & welcoming!
tracy
Hubby says we must pop in one night to have a nose(washington) that is.
Yes the hotel is spot on in my estimation.The lady presto 2 if she looked in to the stratford hotel on the website they show you some of the bedrooms,dining room,hall.think she would be impressed,i sound like i,m scouting for business can assure you i,m not just a paying customer but when i see a good thing like to pass on the benefits to others,just like yourself tracy99.
Tracy99 does this name have anything to do with the POLICE :yikes
no,it was just a number i would remember,cos tracy was taken,it doesn't have any significance,at all,apart from how old,i feel :wink:
tracy
Anyone have any feedback on the Pontins park @ Prestatyn ?

Also any recommendations of tings to do with children ( 11 & 5 ) would be fab :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.