Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
doe wrote:
Unless I am doing something really wrong

2 x pax London to Hurghada 5/4/13 to 12/4/13 & 1 luggage = £990

2 x pax London to Hurgarda 1/10/12 to 8/10/12 &1 luggage = £963

I thought the further you book in advance with a LCC the cheaper it was supposed to be :think so why is one in a month cheaper than flights released today for 7 months time?

Doe :sun2

I'll second that. There are some stupidly high prices! I thought it was the case also that the further ahead you book with low cost airlines the better the prices would be.
I've just watched flights to fuerta go up by almost £350 since yesterday. what on earth is going on :que
I can only assume these will come down in the coming weeks, otherwise i wont be booking anything
Any one throw any light on it? Is there some sort of fault in the system?
For two adults and one child flying to Fuerta from Bristol on 25th May for a week it's £942. 00, and that's without bags!!
They're having a laugh :really
EJ prices never come down SC , they only go up as more seats are booked .OMG I'm not even going to look then . Is that Easter week ???
I think they have cottoned on to how popular Egypt is at Easter Chris . They can obviously charge those prices now . I will have a proper look about later I think but looking at those prices I have lost the will to live . Think I paid £2000 for 5 of us last year although by the time a realised prices had been out a while.. so that's around £400 each and it was still much cheaper than a package .
Suncatcher, I'm with Lyn on this and would say EJ flights never come down. The more they fill up their planes the more they increase their unit price :( . They have very, very rare sales but normally it's on routes that are not selling.

Lyn, I'm not even sure if that is the actually Easter week, that incorporates the Easter weekend :( it might be going out on the Friday after Easter, you probably need to check the week before, if you feel you can stomach the prices. I'm going to check the week after going out 12/4 but have a horrible feeling that is too late for college/Uni commitments.

:sun2
29/3/13 is £792
12/4/13 is £507

Same criteria as above, looks like they consider 5/4/13 to be the peak date. These are all Fri departures , I thought EJ flew twice a week to Hurgarda but I may be getting that wrong.
The Faro flights we were looking at have gone from £461.19 to £855. i give up :(
:yikes have you tried BA they might be cheaper and you don't pay extra for baggage, snacks or allocated seats I've just checked them for Hurgarda and Sharm but hey don't fly there but I think they fly to Faro provided you are London end.
Thanks. I'll take a look but to be honest , I've almost resigned myself to not booking anything at the moment. :( i think I'll wait for the Ryanair flights for May to be released and see what prices are like with them.
Does anyone know when that is? are they usually far behind EJ?
Not sure tbh might be worth putting a post up on the Ryanair thread.
I can't even bring myself to face looking at the moment .The only thing I dont like about Ryanair is that they do alter their prices quite substantially up and down with different offers , no taxes one week, pay them the next etc . If you pay a high -ish price with them, are happy with it my advice is don't look again . At least with EJ you know if you book early you will get THEIR best price. Even if they do offer a sale a couple of weeks after you book I've never once found that the base price hadn't got up in that 2 weeks and you would still be on a loser.
right I've checked . Good friday is the 29th so we would have to travel out that weekend .. going out to Hurgarda sat 30th and coming home sun 7th .. 1783.00 for 5 of us but that's before any luggage .Once that's added on probably about the same or slightly less than we paid last year for sharm.
Might be worth it then Lyn as I can't see them getting any cheaper. Are the bags £18 each ? It's just really if you want to committ to five flights I guess if you aren't certain who can come, don't suppose you can get your money back if anyone changes their mind. Sounds like that week is cheaper than the following one.

Why do I look like I am off line when I am on line?
:yikes I've only gone and booked them .

Quick phone call to the boys and they want to come. I had a look around at other prices and EJ are the cheapest at the moment , so £28 x 5 for luggage, another £30 for the allocated seating and another £50 to use my CC and it's more or less bang on 2K for the 5 of us which is about what I paid last year. Accomodation will be the cheap bit and I can't see that being more than £1000 for 2 rooms which will still be cheaper than a package. Im happy .. Oops wasn't expecting to be so impulsive :rofl
:hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper

Very impressed. There will be loads of accommodation and you have the choice of Hurghada, Makadi Bay and El Gouna you will be spoilt for choice, you can just leap in and book when you see a good deal.

50 quid to use your credit card :yikes makes the luggage seem like a bargain lol
:haha I'd already narrowed it down chris between The ocean view in El gouna and that other one in makadi bay .. can't remember the name now but will get back to checking again at some point over the weekend .
Maybe you could book with one of those company's that let you pay on check out, i am wanting ro say hotels.com or booking.com but not sure if those are the ones, that way you can hang on to your money for as long as possible.

Cant quite beleive I started a thread saying not impressed with easyjet flight prices that has ended up with you booking them :rofl :rofl

I'm being tempted by some package holidays with Red Sea Holidays to Makadi Spa hotel and Makadi Palace or Grand Palace (?) hotel for this autumn. Getting much better prices from Red Sea Hols than with TC, Cosmos etc
I still can't believe I've been so impulsive and spent 2K that I havnt Got Chris .
I'm more impressed with easyjets pricing than Thomson , I'm looking at march for next year and 18th to 25th is around 400 with EJ including bags and ex leg/ speedy and Thomson have flights 20th to 27th same times and it comes to £855 .
Although I did look at LGW to Mahon for June and easyjet works out at nearly 300 and I can fly BA for that from LCY so much for being a Lcc !! And I would get more Avios if I go BA in fact if I spend my Avios I can go for £54 total , I don't think that there are very cheap prices now but those Luxor flights at 200 each are very good value , but I'm tending to lean towards using BA for flights and Hilton for stays and as I have cards that I use to collect points for these my loyalty to them will offer me better overall benefits and extra value , I just wished BA did more than just Cairo for flights .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.