Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
hi,

i buy 1000 benson's at gatwick and put in a ruck sack, then buy 400 on arrival at dalaman, then buy another 1000 at dalaman to come home with ... so in all i come home with 2200 ... duty free only allows you to bring in 200 as it's not in the EU. if your going to get caught then it might as well be for a load rather than just 400 !!

at gatwich they are £85
at dalaman £75 - 80
on thomas cook flight 400 for £34

I was once told not to buy cigs out in turkey as they could be fake unless you buy them from a cig shop, buy yours at the airports like me,

also turkish law is that they only allow you to take in 400. so its up to you and 200 out ? but i have never been checked

where are you flying from ?
My hubby uses tobacco but we always bring loads more back than the Allowance as theres quite a saving on that . We do have 3 adults in our party but "touch wood" have never been stopped at this end .
We were stopped at Manchester about three years ago we had 1000 the Customs warned us never again and as we were allowed 400 anyway he did not confiscate the rest of them. Watched him walk away later with large clear bin bags just full of cigs. Chance you take. You can now buy proper english cigs in Turkey now. they have to have an orange tab.
thanks thats good to know,

is that in the shops ? and what price are they about as i have only bought them at the airports due to being told they are fake on the streets !!
They sell them in the small supermarkets. We bought ours next to the Sevgi Bar used to be the famous old kitchen and also in the supermarket opposite the Tansas. Last year the big supermarkets were not selling them. As to how much, don't know as my husband bought them but they were cheaper for a carton than the duty free at Dalaman as we bought them coming in but then ran out. I will ask him tomorrow and see if he can remember. I know he thought they were a good price. Must have orange tag. If in doubt just buy a pack to try. These were L&B lights and normal. Someone was arguing that you cannot buy english cigs in Turkey you couldn't but you can now. I went onto the Lambert and Butler site and they list the countries they export to and Turkey is one of them.
Marg
thanks,

i was told that they used to be fake other than then in the airports, but things change :duh

i paid around £75-80 for 1000 bensons on leaving dalaman

anything more info will be a benifit

many thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.