Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
OMG! I'm due to fly to Monastir from Stansted on 22nd April. The flight is with Nouvelaire Tunisie though officially Panorama. I've already received the tickets but I'm not at home at present so haven't got the paper-work with me. I'll have to ring the company when I get home on Wednesday - (think it was Skytours or something similar via Teletext). I won't be able to rest until I've looked into it!
My daughter ran me home to pick up the tickets and check phone numbers for Skydeals, who are the company I booked with. They are, of course, shut at the moment, as are Panorama, whose number was on the tickets :roll: I've sent Skydeals an e-mail and will phone them in the morning but I'm certainly not impressed.
I've just come off the phone to Skydeals and they say they are not aware of any problems and I should just turn up at check-in :? On my insistence they checked with Panorama and have been told the flight is still listed but I will apparently hear 'later' if it is cancelled! Doesn't exactly fill me with confidence I must say. :roll:
Aslemma-I think you should be fine as if you go on to the Nouvelair website it states there is a Panorama flight on the 22nd of April from Stansted,we are flying from Gatwick and the Nouvelair website doesnot come up with any flight details for date we travel.
Thanks so much for that info. From your earlier post it seemed as if NT were stopping all flights to Tunisia, not only the Gatwick ones. I'm not actually going to relax until I'm actually on the plane though.
Aslemma-Our TA did tell us it was all NA flights connected to MYT,it was only when you mentioned Stansted that i looked it up on the NA website and it does look like it is restricted to affecting Gatwick flights only.
Thanks anyway for highlighting the possible problem. I'm relieved that the Stansted flights are apparently OK but Panorama is part of the My Travel group and if I had heard about this from some other source later I would have been even more worried, as I would have had less time to check it out. The info will doubtless help many others who are due to fly to Monastir with Nouvelair. Surely part of the advantage of HT is that we can warn each other of possible problems as soon as we get wind or them.
I'm probably being a bit thick here, have never travelled with my travel or to Tunisia before so please bear with me! Is Nouvelair the only airline that My Travel use for Tunisia? We're supposed to be flying out from Gatwick on the 27th May and I'm a bit concerned. My travel docs just say the flight is MYT, doesn't specify anything else
Ellie
You are not being thick at all. There are several airlines which fly to Tunisia but Nouvelair Tunisie is the only one which actually flies there from Stansted, although it does have flights from Gatwick and other places as well. My actual flight ticket is for Panorama but they and other companies use NT.

I have just checked their website and they have a flight from Gatwick to Monastir listed on 27nd May at 22.00, If this is the time you are flying it looks as if this is the flight and it is certainly showing at present. If you are flying at a different time of day then you will be with a different airline. Hope this is some help.
Thank you Aslemma, appreciate you replying. Our flight is at 15.10 so looks like we'll be ok thank goodness! We haven't told the boys we're going away, it's going to be a surprise on the day so would have been awful if it had all gone wrong lol
What a lovely convenient time for a flight - when I go from Gatwick it is usually about 8.00 in the morning :roll: Hope you have a super time, I'm sure the boys will love it.
Thank you :D To be honest I would have preferred a slightly earlier time, I believe we're not going to get to our hotel til around 10pm which seems a bit of a waste of our first evening really, we'll be fit for nothing but bed!
We were due to fly with Futura from Glasgow on the 1305/2110 flights in July but these have recently been changed. Only found out by going onto the Airtours website that it's now MyTravel flights and quite a change in times, now 2300/0715, with no indication from Airtours that changes had been made unless you check their website and do a holiday search. They are within their rights to do this according to their terms/conditions etc, but it's another glaring example of "we've got your cash so we can do what we like".
Due to fly with Nouvelair from Belfast on the 7th July and after reading the reviews contacted the Travel Agent and the usual story no nothing....All i know is the flight time from Belfast has been changed departing Belfast at 23.55 hrs instead of 22.40 arriving Tunisia at app 04.30 hrs in the morning. My 1 week holiday is now 6 days..... :shock:
It would appear they've changed your airline as well Haddy. I've just looked at the Nouvelair website and they have no flight listed from Belfast on 7th July. As the Travel Agent has apparently booked you on another flight at least you know you will be going on holiday but it would be helpful if they could be more up-front about it and tell their paying customers what exactly is going on :roll:
Haddy-Like yourself at least we managed to get a flight and so know we are going on holiday,although its not right that they had not told you until you contacted them and that you are losing part of your holiday.Our change of flights actually mean we gain an extra few hours on our holiday.Im sure there are going to be people who will find that there is just not enough room on alternative flights especially those going on holiday soon and therefore have to either change dates or lose their holiday altogether.
Checked arrivals for Belfast International Airport on Saturday night and came across flight code LBT to Tunisia. When i booked my holiday my flight code was BJ i know both flight codes are for Nouvelair also on recieving invoice from Panorama flight code is also BJ. Woundering are flights from Belfast with Nouvelair ok.LBT flight code departs at 22.40 hrs and flight code BJ departs at 23.55 hrs. My flight code was BJ departing at 22.40 hrs but has been changed to BJ departing at 23.55. I know flights to Tunisia are once weekly on a Saturday night.... A little bit confused and the Travel Agent don't understand either. If they don't understand what iam to make of it................. :?
The whole thing is a pain in the ****. :roll: I hadn't realised that Nouvelair had two different flight codes, only having come across the BJ one previously. Despite reassurances I will only relax once I am on the plane on Sunday week. Like Belfast, flights from Stansted are only once a week though on a Sunday, and being an early evening flight, it will be too late to organise anything else if it doesn't fly, particularly as the only later one (from Gatwick) is also Nouvelair :evil:
aslemma i wasn't aware of airlines having several flight codes untill i checked it out on the web by entering the flight code LBT and was shocked myself to know Nouvelair have. All we can do is wait and see what happens. :o
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.