Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
November
9 Posts
I like November but the big question is, "will the shacks be up?" :que

Last November there were no shacks because of the hotel owner's delaying tactics in taking the allocation system through the legal process. Many shack operators did a great job in providing food and drinks to visitors and deserve a lot of praise for their efforts but as a visitor, it wasn't the true "shack experience".
We were there in November and I think because of the shack situation we would not risk it again.I am sure exactly the same thing will happen this year.

Papa
We also were there last November and are returning on the 25th November again this year. Common sense would tell us that they will have fixed the shack nonsense, but when it comes round again I will not be surprised if it's the same shambles as last year. Obviously behind the scenes, there's all sorts of crookery going on, with many vested interests against the shacks. However, our shack, Aggies, treated us royally, sun beds and shade offered, and drinks and hot food appeared as if by magic from behind the sand dunes, so we'll be there as usual to support him. It's our favourite time of the year, quieter, getting a bit cooler at night, and everything is still fresh and green.
Alan
Also there in November....a bit dissapointed about the lack of shacks...but still found plenty to do during the day.
I bet it was more dissapointing for first timers....having heared how good it is to have a lazy day on the beach, sat sipping cold beers at a friendly shack.... :cheers
I would have hated to be a first timer going to Goa last November, it must have been awful, and I wouldnt want to return.
I would recommend late November, weather is much more settled and more chance of all the shacks being opened.
Hi - Aggi is a lovely bloke and use his shack quite often.
Friends talking to "their" shack owner yesterday (we were there) - the day they were leaving after a winter season and were asked if they were coming back next season - end of October they said and the reply was - don't think we will be here as the hassle has already started - shack licence fee has gone up and the hoteliers don't want us here until December as they made more money this year as we were not here.
Make of it what you will - from a shack owner not a mate of a mate.
Last November was a bit dodgy with the weather at the beginning as there was a cyclone moving through.
Personally I thought the beaches ( especially in the south) were much better without the shacks and fewer people about, I loved it and would choose to go again at that time !
We went last November and I have to say it made no differance at all to our days at the beach with out the shacks being up as Gramps said you still get everything you need your food your drinks and your sun bed thats all you need November will be fine candolimlover if it was me go for it :cheers :sun2 Colleen
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.