General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Egyptian Red Sea, only an hour further than Lanza and a better guarantee of warm weather than any of the Canaries ;)

Pippy :)
I would have to 2nd that. I have done both in November and for a 5 1/2 hour flight and exceptional diving when you get there..you cannot beat Egypt. its probably cheaper than the canary islands as well at the minute with the poor state of the £ against just about everything.
I'd recommend Cyprus......Paphos probably best as it's always a few degrees warmer in the west and everything stays open throughout the winter as a general rule of thumb.

I only got back a week ago and was there for the last week of Oct and 1st week of Nov.....it was absolutely perfect weather. Not too hot, lovely breeze on the beach every day and I came back with a fabulous tan as a result :tup

This was my 40th visit to Cyprus but my first to Paphos, a couple of years ago I was in the East of Cyprus for a Cypriot wedding in the middle of Nov and I did think Paphos was warmer this time. The only thing I noticed was the short days as the sun begins to set earlier and the evenings were sometimes cool, but no more than a long sleeved top or light cardi wouldn't sort.

I'll deffo be heading back late Oct or Nov in the future........I'd love to know what Paphos is like weather wise in April as I always head to Lanzarote for some spring sunshine :think
Just back, so biased - got to be the Red Sea, and I was always a Canaries in the winter person prior to discovering Egypt!!! Much better value than the Canaries - I priced both before deciding on Egypt....
Pippy - I cannot believe that I never tried it before: I am a complete convert now, and hoping to do 2 trips next year. Probably the best holiday we have ever had and we go away 2 - 3 times a year!
I know where you're coming from! I've been to the Conrad (Sharm) twice and I absolutely love everything about the place! Great people, great snorkelling (most say it's better than any Caribbean destination for that), great weather, great beach.

Just great!

I've been to Lanzarote several times and also to Fuerteventura but they can't beat the Red Sea Riviera in my opinion, particularly as a Winter destination.

I can honestly say I'd be happy to spend every future holiday in that area, I love it that much ;)
I advice Thailand, the west cost.
Amazing.
Giulia
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.