Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Ask not what the weather will be like in November, but which Islands will you be able to reach in November. The standard holiday season for the Greek Islands runs from May-October. I would first discover where you can get to (assuming you wish to book a package) before investigating the weather. Obviously, if you are looking for flight only, then a flight to Athens will put you in place for a flight with Olympic or Aegean to most islands.

Crete is a reasonable bet, but can get wet and windy on the north coast (where most of the resorts are) in late october. If it doesn't have to be a Greek island, consider Cyprus which has a reputation as an all-year destination.

Cheers,
Jet
i echo what jet has said, many of the people working in the holiday industries in the summer have other jobs in the closed season [builders/farmers etc] the only area i an think of with hotel accommodation all year is ATHENA [Athens]

Cyprus on the other hand being that much further south has better winter weather and areas around Pafos and Limasos have established winter holiday trade

wizard
Rhodes does have all year round visitors, but you will probably need to stay in Rhodes Town itself. As for being tannable - global warming etc has had a strange effect on the Greek summer - 10 years ago I'd have said "No problem"...now, who knows. Last year I had dodgy weather in mid June!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.