America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Re: NY & VEGAS
32 Posts
Me? Go on about Vegas? Never. :oops: You must be confusing me with someone else. :lol:

Well I got a cracking price by booking on 3rd January for travel in November. It had been showing at almost £600pp, but then a promo appeared at only £389pp including a flight from Aberdeen to Manchester so I grabbed it.

That kind of made up for booking on 1st December for travel in May at £640.

Booked another promo just after we got back in November for £466 ABZ-MAN-LAS direct and I was delighted to get it at under £500. All flights direct with bmi.

luci :wave
Obviously costing you a bit more because of your airport...I'm Glasgow which seems to be quite reasonable, even compared with Manchester etc.

September isn't really very cheap though compared to spring, autumn, but I hope the price drops to under £500. Cheapest I think was just over £450 each a few years ago. We were £1075 in June this year for both of us, but we stopped in NY. Then I add all the hotels. I'm looking at part packages for the next trip - I want to do hotel + some nights. That will possibly be the arrival hotel as we're thinking of arriving on a friday so weekend will probably be harder to get a good deal on!
I'll be looking to book flights in Jan for next September, to Vegas.
I'm gutted to hear that Maxjet are in trouble. Their Shares have been suspended so it looks dodgy, I want to book with them again but won't risk it at the moment.
Will probably stay 7 days in MGM/Signature and 7 days somewhere else on the strip, not sure where yet!

TC
I'm doing my homework now and really fancied MGM Signature but it being our 1st time I think we should be centre strip so probably be 4 nights 3* and 5* 4 nights - I like the sound of that.
The Signature would be an excellent hotel and it gets great reviews. Bear in mind that it is totally non-smoking if that would be an issue.

It would be less than a 30 mins walk to centre strip from there if you come out on Harmon rather than walk through the MGM. That would take you out near Planet Hollywood which is on the southern edge of centre strip.

Luci - non smoking isn't an issue.
Another site to check is http://www.travelzoo.com Make sure you go to the American site and not the UK one. They often have deals on hotels and shows too.

Oap, not sure when you are going - did you say?

You will find that people do have different opinions on what is the best area. I tend to enjoy slightly further north than most (I would even stay at Wynn!). Not futher north than Wynn though...

We spend most time in the Harrah's area approximately, although IP and Harrah's rooms could be noisy due to Carnaval Court. I've heard Flamingo is perfectly acceptable as a hotel. I'm sort of itching to try The Mirage. Never seem to find a good rate! I think we'll probably split between Orleans (where we'll have a car) and then somewhere on the strip. Venetian, Mirage, TI, or similar. Maybe even Planet Hollywood - it was one of our old favourites as Aladdin. I'm tempted by MGM's offers, and I was also impressed when I looked up Signature. I'm quite fond of Caesars but I think their rates are OTT for their basic rooms considering those rooms don't look that great.

I'm sort of tempted by the idea of a nice pool, lazy river etc just to see what a 'great vegas pool' is like.
hiya Lesley, we're probably going about 23rd May, were gonna go earlier but looking at hotel calenders - the prices for the weekend 16 - 20th are sky high so there must be something going on. Daughter stayed at the Wynn in April and said it was fabulous. Does everyone just look at hotel websites for offers, I've signed up for special offers on most of them.
Yes, ideally sign up on as many websites as possible. Also sign up on http://www.vegashotelspecial.com and you will hear about everyone else's offers too!

In early June last year we got some great deals. Have a look at what deals were on vegashotelspecial last year around the same time and it will give you an idea. Also, you can get some really good deals if you are prepared to hotel hop. You could spend part of your stay in the more southern end (say at MGM) then the next part up further north (Venetian, Wynn etc). That way you can see even more! I love hotel hopping. Found 3 hotels in 8 nights too much though 3/2/3 split. Prefer about 4 nights in each - but sometimes if there's a bargain to be had... :lol:
Desparate to get it booked but will do flight first, probably in Jan then hotels and you're probably right Lesley - 4 days in S. strip and 4 days mid strip.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.