Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hi have you looked at the members reviews yet in the hotel forum algarve section
yet??

wizard
I stayed at the Waterside Village part of the Ocean Club about 7 years ago and we loved both the accommodation and Luz. But you probably need more up to date info on the accommodation as things change.

Re the transfer. We went on the tour operators coach and from what I remember it took about one and a half hours, but that involved doing a few other drop offs. It's such a short flight to the Algarve it wasn't a problem to us having the long transfer (the kids slept and we took in the views), but if you are really bothered about it you could arrange a private transfer in a taxi which will probably take it down to nearer an hour.
We've stayed at the Ocean Club twice, September 2004 & September 2005. (We also stayed at Oasis Beach in May 2005).

To be honest, the only thing that stopped me going back there in 2006 was my wife insisted we try somewhere different.

Both times at the Ocean Club we booked Thomas Cook and stayed near the new 24hr reception and indoor pool (European Palms?). Apartments are great, well serviced and equiped, friendly helpfull staff etc. Luz is great too.

As for the transfer, we endured it once with our (at the time) 13 month old and the next twice we opted for a hire car from the airport (about an hour). The actual coach journey is bearable, it was the sitting on the coach waiting for the other flights to get in that was intollerable.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.