Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
I cant begin to imagine how her Parents feel. :cry:

I hope they find her.
This is absolutely awful. I hope they find the wee girl as soon as, safe and well. My heart gows out to her parents, they must be distraught. Keeping my fingers crossed for them.

I will be seriously taking this on board as we go to Albufeira 3 weeks tomorrow.

Lummie
Just seen the latest report on the news. This truly is awful and i sincerely hope she is found safe and well.
I hope they find her soon and this doesn't turn into another Ben Needham (who was abducted in Kos when he was around two.)
They still haven't found him.
It makes me feel ill thinking what the parents must be going through!
In the article I read it said the little girl was very bright and lively. I'm hoping that she woke up and perhaps went to look for her Mum and Dad and got lost.

I have stayed at the Ocean Club and it's a bit of a 'sprawly' resort mainly low rise and all painted white. It would be very easy for a 4 year old to get lost. Perhaps some kind person has taken her in and is looking after her. It might be someone with poor English who doesn't know what to do and is just hoping the Mum and Dad will turn up to claim her.

Doe
I started the topic in the hope that it may attract the attention of those about to travel to this resort so that they could be aware of the incident and search, as well as those who have recently returned and who with hindsight may have been aware of some suspicious activity around the complex which might be of interest to the police.

The topic is not intended for any speculation, criticism or personal opinions of the actions of the parents, bearing in mind that we do not know the full circumstances of the case, only what the media choose to tell us.

General discussion about babysitting services, unaccompanied or unsupervised children, etc is perhaps best left for another thread.

I would ask members to please bear in mind that friends and relations of the McCann family may be scouring the web for any information which may be relevant or vital to the investigation, some of them may even be regular members of these forums. It would be very sad if their grief and anguish is only added to by any negative comments which they might find here about Madeleine's parents.

Let's all just hope and pray for a swift and positive outcome to this terrible incident.

David
I agree david ...everyones main concerns is for this child's safe return as quickly.
Id imagine this person who has abducted this little girl was lying in wait for a child to be left alone no matter how big or small the time scale be ....
I really feel for this family, and check the news regualrly in the hope that this child be returned safely.
:( I have just seen the latest report, and was nearly crying myself after seeing the devastation on both parents. It is unthinkable what they and the rest of the family must be going through.
I really do hope the little Madaleine is found safe and sound.
Our thoughts, love and best wishes are with Madeline and her parents and the rest of the family.

Praying hard that Maddy is returned safe and sound, in time for her birthday.

No-one deserves the kind of anguish being suffered at the moment by them all, no matter what the circumstances.

Kelly and Family xxx
My thoughts are with family, i just read that the police now think the abductor may be british person.
It's just beyond comprehension.

My heart goes out to the family. Very much in my prayers and thoughts.

Kath x
to be honest , watching the news and listening to different reports , i dont think the police have the faintest idea who has took that poor little girl, and as stated on news just now , they say there are searches going on , but were? no one seems to know what is going on ,i pray and hope that little mite is returned unharmed, and my heart goes out to the family .
We have felt it necessary to remove some posts.

Please remember that it's a very emotional time for the family. Let's respect that.

If you wish to post a message of support then please do so, but please let's keep it to that.

Kath HT Admin
My heart goes out to the family. I've watched the latest appeal on the BBC website. It had me close to :cry: . I am a Christian and have been praying for Madeline to be found and returned to her family soon. PLEASE GOD let Madeline be found and returned to her family.
Maddie wherever you are I hope you are safe and well

xxxxxxxxx
that poor girl. I keep checking the news and hoping for the best.
Me too Fiona, I am finding myself thinking about them almost constantly and check on Sky News or on web for news about every hour.

I can't believe that a child who I don't know has affected me so much. I suppose thats all part of having a child of your own isn't it. I keep thinking of how I would feel in that situation. Its horrifying.

Have to stop myself from crying when I think about it to be honest! :(
I too keep checking the news - I hope she's found safe and well.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.