Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
One of the family's concerns is that the abductors may have changed Madeleine's appearance, perhaps cutting or dying her hair, or even dressing her in boy's clothes. But the one very distinctive feature about Madeleine which is less easily disguised, is the very unusual colouring in her right eye, which runs from the pupil into the iris. The latest poster issued last night highlights that feature.

If you feel you would like to do more, why not circulate that poster to everyone on your mailing list drawing their attention to the distinctive eye feature, and asking them to do likewise. Everyone knows someone who is going on holiday, and Madeleine could be in Portugal, Spain or indeed any country now. The family is hoping that this latest poster will be circulated throughout Europe and they are now working on a video appeal, using Bryan Adams 'Look into my eyes' hit to highlight Madeleine's distinctive eye feature:
http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/5223/poster1hv5.jpg

David
Myself and family/friends are circulating the posters too and yellow ribbons are tied around the trees at all the local Churches. Like everyone,wish there was much more we could do.
Fiona ... I spent a large part of last night and this morning e-mailing the poster to numerous Spanish hotels, airports, taxi and resort transfer companies, etc. Only one copy was bounced back to me because of the attachment. Of the very few replies or acknowledgements received so far, most expressed shock at the news which suggests to me that after 10 days, news of the abduction had not already reached them via their own media or other sources. So in addition to family and friends, if there are any hotels or other travel related companies that you have used abroad, it may be worth sending them a copy of the poster too.

David :wave
Thats a good point I don't know if some of my email/online friends may be going away to Europe anytime soon, I'll be sure to pass on the posters and ask anyone going to Europe to print them out and pass them around... thanks
Thanks David. Have made a start on doing just that.
I have sent this on to everyone in my mailbox, as you say, lots of my
friends are going on holiday now, and every little helps.

Just hope and pray she will be found soon, I turn on the telly every morning, hoping to hear some good news.
Me too. It's breaking my heart to watch it on tv. I've never been one for praying, until this last 10 days.
Can't imagine what her family must be going through. It's so very very sad that someone could be so callous to do such a thing.
Hopefully the new pictures of her 'keyhole pupil' will help someone recognise her, as it is quite rare.
I hope and pray that she is returned to her family soon and that whoever has got her, can see the pain they are causing her family and take her to a place of safety to be found.
Hopefully the £2.6M reward will spur someone to give the police the information they need.

God bless you Maddy and your family.
On the news on Friday the showed a clip of a journalist going across the boarder (you just drive right on through) to Spain. When he got there he showed the poster and less than half knew anything about Maddy - the village he was in was only an hour away from where she went missing.

So I think anything anyone can do to help bring Maddy to folks attention is good.

Can I also say that I think David (moderator) is great - he is doing all he can to help and I only hope more people follow his lead.

Thanks David.
Thanks foxie. Although I happen to have posted here, the entire Mod and Admin team is doing everything possible (both collectively and individually) to ensure that the campaign to find Madeleine reaches as wide an audience as possible.

David
Hi Mods I think everyone will agree, can we exchange our points for money for the Madeline Mcanns fund, i think some one somewhere must know something, she has to have clothes, shoes etc, how can someone not find it strange that someone buys clothes, shoes for a child without them trying them on to see if they fit, my heart goes out to them. Yours Janice :?:
Hi Mods, One more thing i would like to ask you can you put a tied yellow ribbon on your aviator page, so we put it on our profile, just so peole know we are thinking about her. Yours Janice
Hi Janice ... we do not have any points system, but I imagine that details of the family's campaign fund will be made available in the media when it is set up. I am sure that the question of finances will be well taken care of by the general public, celebrities and business.

Our priority at the moment is to try and make sure that Madeleine's poster is seen by as many people as possible.

David
Day 11 and STILL no news.

Madeline you are in our thoughts every day sweetheart .....

God bless

xx
i cant stop thinking about her and feel so helpless, i hope they get some sort of lead soon that will help find her
I am just so upset by this & feel so helpless. I am praying so hard for this child. She is my last thought at night & my first in the morning & on goes the TV for any news.

What is wrong with people in this world that they can do such a heartless evil thing ?

All we can do is send those positive thoughts to he family & keep praying taht God will smile on them
David i know you have spent a lot of time emailing various establishments in spain but what about doing it further afield?....if people would volunteer some of their time and cover certain areas in various countrys emailing hotels it could spread the word further.i know it might take a bit of sorting but i for one would be first to volunteer.
Hi audbod ... in view of the ongoing developments at the resort this evening, perhaps we should put any further action on hold just for the moment and see what transpires. Let's hope that these developments may lead to a positive and happy outcome to the case.

David
i didnt know there had been any developments, just read latest report , fingers crossed they get some good news.
Someone is being questioned and a property is being searched. But rather than discuss ongoing developments and breaking news snippets here, it might be best to keep an eye on a media site such as Sky News:
http://news.sky.com/skynews/home

David
  • Edited by David 2007-05-14 20:31:27
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.