Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Human Nature i hope will prevail in this case and someones Conscience will take over.
Its only a suggestion but everyone going on holidays to whatever country has a picture of this gorgeous little girl on their mobile phones, they can be taken of several News Websites. The more people search for her wherever the better.
I pray to the lord that she is still safe and well in Portugal. God Bless and keep her safe Lord x
It must be a living hell for this girls family and friends. It is difficult to imagine what a nightmare they are living.

We all do so much complaining every day about traffic, weather, stress etc etc. At the end of the day none of this matters. Thats a thought for the day - to forget about the silly things in life and remember how important our loved ones are.

My thoughts are with this girls mum and dad and extended family and we all wait anxiously for news of this beautiful little girl. Hopefully someone will recognise her little face whereever she is and return her to her loving mammy and daddy.
Some breaking news on the TV just now. Lets hope its positive and Madeline is returned safe and well to her mum, dad, brother and sister soon.
Please god bless her and look after her wherever she is x
Latest is that search is being stepped up.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6633687.stm :cry:

PLEASE GOD let Madeline be found alive and returned to her family soon.
I can only imagine the horror these poor, poor parents are experiencing. I can't sleep or eat thinking about them, and I'm not this little girl's parent.
I'm tuning into Sky News every few minutes in the hope we'll all get the news we so desperately want to hear!
A similar event happened at a holiday caravan site in the UK in the Summer of 1990 - a 7 year old girl was abducted from her bed as she slept, which was next to an open window. There were numerous appeals from the police and her parents, and she was eventually found alive and well a week later.
Let's hope this has a similar ending...
When we were in Empuriabrava nearly two years ago, my wee guy (age 2) was outside the lodge playing on the dirt track, still in his pyjamas. Not having heard him for two minutes I looked outside and realised he was gone. I thought he would just be nearby and shouted for him but no reply. Of course panic hit and I started frantically looked for him along with three or four families from neighbouring lodges. One of them told us that one of the lodges across the road had been up for sale and a Spanish property agent had been showing a couple round, about the time that Cameron disappeared.

Of course I immediately thought the worst, that he'd been abducted. After about another ten minutes I found him! Sitting at the bar with his Italian girlfriends, who were all around age 10-14, they hardly spoke a word of English and Cameron informed me that all was ok, he'd just decided to take them for a sprite!!!!!! I didn't know whether to hug and kiss him or kill him.

There is not a worse feeling in the world than realising that your child is missing and something genuinely bad could have happened to them, obviously I only felt a fraction of the despair that the McCanns must be feeling. I truly truly hope that the little girl turns up safe and they can feel the relief that I felt that day!

It sadly all rings true of Ben Needham disappearing in Greece years ago though doesn't it.

Catherine xxx
I cant stop thinking about this little girl as I have a grandson her age who I will be looking after during Whit week.I know one thing, I will be not letting him out of my sight.
I've sent the following to the Portugal Resident newspaper:-

Our thoughts and prayers are with Maddie. Please keep her safe and away from harm.

We are thinking of you Maddie and pray that you are returned home to your family safe and well. God bless sweet angel.xxx

From all members of http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk

Anyone wishing to contribute their own message may do so here:- Send your thoughts to maddy@portugalresident.com
Nice touch, Glynis, I'm sure we will all be praying for Maddie and her family.

We all have to send out positive thoughts that she will be returned home soon, safe and sound.

Pat
Thats a lovely idea Glynis, thanks for that.

I hope the parents are able to take a teensy bit of comfort from everyone at home praying for them.

Catherine xxx
Thats lovely Glynis, Thanks for sending a message on behalf of all HT members and for providing the link.

Ive just sent my own personal message.
Our message is now on the newspapers website (they've changed members to read staff however) :- http://portugalresident.com/portugalresident/showstory.asp?ID=18702
I hope she is safe and well and that she gets returned to her parents very soon

That is really nice Glynis, thanks
ahhh- that was such a nice thought Glynis.
Makes me cry reading that message. This is so, so sad. Please let things be ok and bring her back safely.
That is such a lovely gesture, Glynis - thank you very much.
Yes bunny74 that was my though about Ben Needham, how are his and himself copeing with life, the parents of Madaline must be going through hell and I really do hope Madaline is alive and found , but what must she be going through, it's a frightening thought, everybody pray for her and keep fingers crossed and what ever you can cross.
pojo
Thinking of her every second, please let her be safe and returned soon, she must be so frightened, heartbreaking
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.