Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
I have not been on Ocean Village but have booked my own flights and had no problem with disembarking early to make a flight.
The Cruise Companies want people off ASAP and it is often possible to go off early carrying your own baggage. I would think that you should make your flight but I am no expert on the timing. I did travel from the Port of Sydney OZ to the Airport for a flight to Perth. I came off the ship at 9am travelled by taxi to the Airport on a Sunday am and arrived at just after 10am. I had checked in on line for my flight so just needed to check my bags.
I did some research on Trip Advisor asking questions on the availability of taxi etc and the travel time to the Airport. I could have been off earlier in fact but knew that this was enough time for me.
Other flights I have taken have been in the afternoon or early evening so no problem. Last year in Barcelona got a taxi to the Left Luggage at the Airport and then travelled by bus back to the city. Used the bus to return and no problems.

Hope this helps but for me I always know before I travel what my plan of action will be as most times I am travelling solo.

Sue
Hi Baywatch
I always book cruise only as we like a couple days in Palma Nova pre cruise + you will get to airport easily.We always book Easyjet to Liverpool at same time (11.50 ),you can have a good breakfast as you have to be out of cabin by 08.00 then leave ship at 9-09.30 you will be at airport for 09.30/10.00.
Taxis are sometimes not allowed through port gates but just walk to Port Terminal building and they are lined up.
PS If you are on Easyjet they wont let you check in until 2hrs before so its not worth rushing to be early.
Johnny C
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.