Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Half term here in Kent is from Oct 27 - 31 as well, if that helps.
Thanks for the reply. I was just very confused because after waiting forever for Ryanair to put their winter timetable online, we managed to get the flights for £0.00 each way (B/pool-Girona) however once we'd added all the taxes and some luggage grand total for 3 was £162.00, but still not a bad price for half term. Anyway, what I was tryng to explain was that if Ryanair knew half term were those dates, would they have the fares on for £0.00?? :think

thanks
Jules
Seems odd, doesn't it? I reckon you've had a result. 2 adults + 1 child from Stanstead for that week is nearly £300 without any luggage. I'd keep quiet about it if I were you!!
same dates here in Wales , i know from the past the Ferris extends there
holidays to the Costa Brava to fit in with school holidays . I think you might find that some places might be closing for the season .
Will still be good to get away though

Lynne
unless you are going to lloret or calella, i would expect you to find that the resorts are closed or winding down.
go into a thomson shop,or check on line for the dates that they still send people to costa brava and that will give you a far better idea of what will be open. when thomson stop sending people to tossa and blanes the resorts will close!
once it gets to that time of year, even some of the main tourist bars will close during the week and only open at the weekend; very frustrating if you are there for a week.
Hi
I too have been looking for the October school hols and seen the lowish prices that Ryan Air are doing
I have never been to the Costa Brava before and was also wondering about the resorts closing down
and also the weather that time of year (last week in Oct)
I arent bothered about red hot but just T Shirt weather and my little one to get in the pool for an hour a day :)
Do you think Estartit would be quiet and if so where do you recommend and any hotels in particular
we arent bothered whether it is SC or HB or whatever just nice clean surroundings and a little bit to do

Thanks in advance
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.