Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
october hols
10 Posts
stevebaby,

I normally go in September (be there in 3 weeks!), but have been in October as well. Weather is always the 'how long is a piece of string' question, but it's generally still hot and pleasant with temperatures in the late 20's or early 30's. You get a little more cloud and may get an odd shower (we had 2 in 14 days!) as it's getting to that time of year when the weather is changing. It's still nice though and you should get generally good weather. You can keep an eye on the current weather with chelsea boy's daily update.

Darren
October's usually nice during the day (tee-shirt and shorts weather) though you may need a cardigan in the evening (but nothing heavy). Just remember that the pools may be a bit cool to swim in although the sea is still nice.
as dazbo says its very hit and miss in oct days normally nice but rain and hailstones have been known
Hubby & i just booked a week to Parkim ayaz in Gumbet on 12th october.. hope we get some sun looking at last years reports it got much cooler in october. :sun2
We have a house in Gumbet and were over there from 22 October to 4 November. Every day was tee-shirt and shorts weather, just a cardi needed at night. The pool was cool but the sea was still nice.
We were there last year same time as your dates. When we first got there it felt a bit like being on a summer holiday in the Lake District! It was raining and quite coolish. However it improved and for 5 of the 7 days it was sunbathing weather about 28/30 degrees, and cooler in the evenings. As has been said unless you are very brave the pools are quite cold, but sea still lovely and warm. A great time of year to get out and about and see some of the surrounding area.
Being from Northern Ireland we dont see too much sunny hot weather so hoping to catch some well deserved rays in gumbet 12th -20th october. :sun2 Can anyone tell me how many hours of sunshine you would usually get at that time of year for sunbathing?
You will get plenty of hours sunshine in Gumbet, the sun goes down about 6.30pm in october. It is usually lovely and warm in the day, perfect for sunbathing as it wont be too hot. The evenings can get a bit chilly though so take a cardi or light jacket.. Have a great trip!
Aw thank you Kedi you've put my mind at rest now . :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.