Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Nicola, There are good deals to be had in the Duty Free shop at your departure airport.

Les
Hi Nicola, (while since we chatted about Goa!)

i have just come back from Icmeler and resort prices were about 7YTL for a Vodka and coke but it was very weak.
We bought on the plane, if yoy are flying Thomson or FC, 2 bottles of Smir (blue label 50%) was £18, then like i did you can take a bit out with you and top up your drink :rofl

Hope you enjoy.

Julian
Great deals at airport on vodka etc its a good idea to take some and have a few before you go out drinks this year seem to be weak unless you are sat at bar, one night me and my daughter were on cocktails (several different ones) and they were 2 for 1 so had about 10 each and I was stone cold sober tasted like fruit juice after first sip. My hubby drank bottle efes all the time and he got merry each night
A good tip for taking your own Vodka out with you is take it in a water bottle as it doesnt look so obvious. :rofl
I dont do this as I dont drink spirits but my friend has done this for years. :cheers
hi nicola
hope you have a great holiday in marmaris there are some great restaurantes a long the beach front there is one called o yes its great food peppered steaks are my favourite then walk out of o yes turn left walk down till you come to the baran bar its great its one of the best ,
have a great holiday,
tony
In Marmaris this year, my vodka tasted very weak - i mentioned this to the waiter and it was "topped up". Subsequent drinks tasted as they ought to!! Don't be afraid to mention if you think you are being short-measured with your drinks - if you do it won't happen again!!
I agree that sometimes you are being 'short measured' in bars,especially as evening goes on, so beware and ask for a real measure!( and not soooo much ice!)
Haha, i hate ice anyway, always makes my teeth twinge :cry

Im normally a vodka and diet coke girl, but i do like the odd cocktail. My o/h will stick to his bottled lagar.
My plan is to buy a couple of bottles of spirits at manchester airport or on our thomascook flight, and then have a few drinks in the evening before we go out. We arent usully big drinkers, although this is the first time on holiday without our son, so this may be the exception :rofl
I find that the local vodka is less stronger than smirnoffs and depending on brand has a slightly different smell (perfumed?) but normally get what is called a double here!!! does the trick anyhow ;)
I go in 2 weeks time staying at club Julian, stayed at the club cettia 5 years ago loved it there but spent most of are time in a bar down the road called the butterfly that looked after us very well. We have only decided to go back to marmaris after so long because we did not think that going back there would ever be as good as the first time. My only problem is I am going with a 15 and 16 year old and after reading how quiet the resort is in Sept I am a little worried about there being no other kids thier age and them being bored to death. Hope you have as good a time at club cettia that we did.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.