Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Sorry you didn't enjoy the Grida. That's the trouble with lots of AI's, too many Russians etc. who are not the politest people in the world, but seem to get preferential treatment from the staff.

Why not try a resort like Bitez. It's a wonderful friendly small resort, and not at all biased. I'm sure you would like it there.

We have tried one of the large AI hotels, and didn't like it for the same reasons you didn't like the Grida.

Do try a different resort next year. But, do your homework first.

Marn.
I am sorry that you had a bad time but please do not let that put you off Turkey. As Marn said, try somewhere like Bitez, Bodrum, or Icemeler - and try S/C or H/B so that you get out and meet the Turkish people.

I hope that you will give Turkey a second chance - don't let one hotel put you off a whole country that has so much to offer.
Dont let one bad holiday put you off, Turkey and its people are great, we wouldnt go any where else.The Turkish people can not do enough for you, could it have been because it was the end of season and every one was fed up ?The only place we have come across which we did not find friendly was Side when we went during Oct.
The polish and Russians tend to go for All in as they dont have much money to spend.
But that does not mean the should be allowed to be rude to other nationalities, i wonder is it just the language barrier.?
Any way give it another go, try Icmeler very family friendly we have recently been to Dalyan very nice, 20 mins from airport.
Been to belek six times now ,never found a problem with different nationalities , i find if i talk to people they will talk back ,even if it is just to say hello .

Bluepeterno1
:oops: I forgot to say in the first post that the other holiday makers were not the problem it was the staff. And i wasnt the only person there that had this problem it was the majority of English guests i say majority because i didnt speak to everyone but everyone i did speak to had the same problems. I suppose the staff may have been tired because it was end of season but i didnt pay £1300 for myself and 1 child to be treated so rudely for a week. I could have stayed with the ex mother in law for free lol. Thanks for all your advice its really appreciated. I didnt check it out before i booked because i didnt plan on having another holiday this year so it was very last minute, but i have certainly learnt my lesson.
I dont think it will put me off Turkey but i think i would have to be in the more popular resorts. I really dont think i would go AI anywhere ever again though i felt a bit like a prisoner. Thanks again Anna.
Like Bluepeterno we were in belek this year :wink: at the Xanadu. The staff were great and treated everyone with the same friendly service. I dont think a 5* AI is a cheap option, and as for the Russians not having much money that was not the case in the Xanadu. Their wives (all very young and pretty) were dripping with designer clothes and handbags and sun glasses, not to mention the diamonds :roll:

But they were all very friendly and well mannered. It was the few british who let the side down and lacked social graces. :cry:
I have always found that the staff in most hotels are told not to talk to the guests untill they are spoken to first, once you speak to them they are the best people in the world ,especially if you are a returning guest ,they then treat you like family ,only today i had a phone call from the bell captain of the sun zeynep ,just to inquire how myself and my family were
.great people :)

Bluepeterno1
Was in Belek in the summer and even though the hotel was mainly Russian, the reps and Russians went out their way to speak to us when they found out we were Scottish, (not knocking anyone else btw) as a lot of them had never met anyone from Scotland.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.