Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
oh dear
23 Posts
Are you contemplating another trip Fiona?
just booked my flights :pele
husband was asked to work an extra week this month and he has "banked" the week to when I'm off in March. We are off for 7 days.
Youre hooked like the rest of us now Fiona!!! :lol: What date are you going and dont forget your HT wrist bands !
we fly out on 27th March. have an overnight in Mumbai and then on to Goa
Will just miss you Fiona, we return home 25 March.
By the way love the Bonfire theme, its great. Cant wait for the Christmas one :lol:
When you go for your Visa again it wont be as bad cos its near the end of the season Fiona. I went thru to the consulate at the end of March this year and it was no problem. Saying that I was thru last Friday as well and also didnt encounter any problems at all.
you may have another theme to look forward to before that Gemma :wink:
A Scottish theme for St Andrews Day? That would be great. I will be in Goa, but will still log on :lol:
hmmm
must ask Van about that one :lol:
Gosh Fiona, you must be hooked to travel all that way for 1 week, I couldn't do it, it takes me nearly a week to get over the travelling, but I am getting on a bit.
I've gone a lot further for a week Tomitma :lol: The way I look at it - we can go away for a week or stay at home. I know which I prefer :D
Fiona if you are looking for a cheap hotel, the one we have used is in Colaba, it is called antique hotel http://www.hotelantique.net it is about five minutes walk away from Leopolds, situated in Colaba market. it is not five star luxury but it is very clean and it costs 1,700 rupees for a double air conditioned room, breakfast is included but to be truthful, I would give it a miss, you can reserve a room on there site.
thanks Tomitma
As we are arriving at 0040 and leaving at just before midday we have decided it makes sense to stay beside the airport.We are looking at the Midland hotel. It is pretty basic but reviews say it is clean and that is all I'm bothered about. Hotels in Mumbai cost a fortune don't they? One night in Mumbai cost us almost the same as 6 in Goa in October.
you couldn't do a quick review of that hotel could you Tomitma? Its good to get recommendations for hotels in Mumbai that don't cost the earth. I've just asked for it to be added to our reviews.
One night in Mumbai cost us almost the same as 6 in Goa in October.

No problem for you school teachers :lol:
its now been added here :D
I have stayed in the midland hotel on route, it was OK, usual basic, clean, and had a fairly decent restaurant.

Lin
thanks lin- sounds ok then-its only somewhere to put our heads down :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.