Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Ha Ha Ha !!!!! the tourist minister is now going to blame the OIL slicks ( do you remember it was Terrorism, then the cloud dust for lack of tourists LMAO !!!!!!! ) :rofl :rofl what will be to blame for next season's lack of tourists ???. I think he should take a look at the visa problems people are having, then he may find the reason for the lack of British people on Goa's coast, if long term staying British people are not in Goa then there friends and relatives will not be out there to visit them, therefore you have a knock on effect, hey ho !!!! let's all hope they come to their senses :duh

Mike
tangotaurian wrote:
I think he should take a look at the visa problems people are having

Exactly my words!! :think
Is it true that there has been an oil spill and it is now washing up onto the beaches ? Has anybody seen anything or is this just a rumour ? :think Terrible if it is :duh
It's in the sunday time travel section today aswell, oil up to 6" deep on the beaches of colva,Candolim and Calangute
There has to be a new obstacle put in our way every year or else it would just take all the frustrations of getting back there out of the way :que and it wouldnt be the same if it was straight forward would it?

Is anyone out there at the moment who could let us know how bad it really is regarding the oil?

Got our flights booked but havnt confirmed our accomodation and as the beach plays a major part in our holiday I would really think about moving out of Candolim and trying somewhere else if it is bad, somehow I just cant see the powers that be being in any hurry to clean the beaches up.

**Just read on ta that they are clearing it up by burying it in the sand :rofl wonder if they have to go back and do it again after each tide!!

Wonder what will be next!!!
All will be well as the Tourist Minister says that it appears to be a "natural phenomenon" at this time of Year and that 200 men are dealing with it.

Mike
All will be well as the Tourist Minister says that it appears to be a "natural phenomenon" at this time of Year and that 200 men are dealing with it.

Can see the little piggies flying past my window now!!
has anyone got an update on this, I want to book next week and if there is oil all over the beaches I wont
The latest news from The Herald.

http://oheraldo.in/news/Local%20News/After-tar-balls-pebbles-invade-Agonda-beach/41108.html

Unfortunately it doesn't say if the tar balls have been removed yet.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.