Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi, we stayed here last August. It's opposite the Don Bigote , on a road leading to the Hotel Mimosa - fairly quiet but still pretty close to the beach. We found it a bit busy for our liking, and the guests a bit noisy and abrupt, but it was good value for money. The bar is great - help yourself from 10am to 10pm as I recall! And the food was OK, usual AI selection but you could lose your table if going back for dessert if it was busy! Make sure you request a room on a high floor - we were given a room that had a "balcony" below ground level next to the sports pitch, and it was really grotty generally. We asked to move immediately but couldn't be moved until the next day as the hotel was fully booked, and during the night two members of staff let themselves in "to do some repairs" (or at least that was the excuse reception gave us.... obviously these rooms are not usually occupied!). Once moved to a "proper" room all was fine. There aren't many Brits staying there - mainly French, a few Germans.... but this means the touts in resort don't bother you as they see your red band and assume you're French!! And the hotel do taster sports sessions really cheap too - think jetskiing was a couple of euros.
Overall it was an OK holiday, by the end of the week we decided we would go back to the hotel but only for a short break - but that was more to do with what we like to do on holiday rather than the hotel.
Hope this helps!
Thank you thinmum for such a wonderful description of the hotel, we have now booked an AOA as we were not too sure. But will keep this in mind for the future. Thanks again. Deb
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.