Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
any members able to offer a review??? if so then please post here

thanks
wizard
My wife and I had 14 days in the Olive Gardens last June (2006 ) The rooms were pretty basic -but thats all you need. The restaurant is a little pricey , we found the tavernas in Lardos village , (about a kilometer walk)to be better value and better selection of the local dishes ,( Valentina's in the square is exceptional ) all cooked and served excellently. Lardos is in a very good location for sight seeing and a car can be hired at very reasonable rates. We hired a small car for the holiday and found driving very easy , some of the roads are a little hair raising , ( I have been driving 43 years ) but I would recommend this option rather than paying for sight seeing trips . Lindos is about 30 minutes drive and is beautiful , especially at night with plenty of eateries and life ! There are some lovely beaches nearby and some lovely sights , and it's worth going into the small villages and sampling the local fare. You can try the Metzes for a few euros, or a lovely Greek salad.
I do hope this has helped and hope you have a wonderful holiday .
David
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.