Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
thats about right we got quoted £50 a night for 2 adults and a free child so similar.

i would take a small amount of lira as the exchange rate is better over there and sterling the euro is strong against the £ at the moment so i think its best to take sterling, they take all currencies but maybe favouring the stronger currency lol

olu deniz is gorgeous you will love it, my hubby paraglided off the top of the mountain, rather him than me and loved it !! the lagoon area is lovely but make sure you go to the sandy area like sugar or suara beaches both are lovely
Hi jake .

10 nights AI at the ODeniz Resort Hotel just cost me £493 for both of us

a bargain . I would say thats an understatement for July/Aug . does that include your flights , surely not :think because if it does that as a package would probably set you back the best part of £2000 :tup

Plenty of excursions and no need to book . there are plenty on offer in Olu from the guys that sell them in on the main street . . take a few of their leaflets , listen to the prices and any that you fancy go back and do a deal .

we just take a small amount of lire and the rest in sterling . dont bother with euros unless you are diving etc where prices seem to be quoted in Euro. sterling is widely used and many shops will exhange your sterling into lire at a better rate than you get here there s also a exchange booth at the junction of beach/ main street and there are several ATMS should you need more cash . A couple of the ATMs further up the street will even given you money in Sterling.

You will love it :)
does that include your flights , surely not

Surely not indeed... just the hotel, but I was still being quoted almost double that from other providers! Looking at flights around £300 each so total cost less than £1100.
Thanks for the advice, will take a small amount of lira then draw the rest from plastic as we go then, i guess. Its just things like transfers which are quoted in Euros to be paid on arrival... would they take lira or even sterling?? Same thing with diving, which we may do?!
Most will happily take the Sterling Equilavent but watch the exchange rate at which they convert it ;) if its a big purchase like transfers or diving , in those instances it may pay you to take and pay in the currency you have been quoted in . For diving I can recommend the European dive centre they are an english company and highly professional. They do try pool dives in many of the hotels and their shop is three quarters up the main street past the Asena beach hotel there is a turning on the opposite side of the road .( Big handbag shop on corner ).they are a couple of shops into that little side street. One tip , do not buy diving from the street agents no matter what they tell you . They are great for excursions but diving a big NO . been there done that but thats another story .

Still a bargain Jake . 2 for the price of one ;)
For diving I can recommend the European dive centre

Just had a quick look at their site, looks very good and reasonably priced as well :tup I'll take your advice and pre-book I think, along with the transfer, then just check the resort for other trips. Thanks for all your help! Very excited but 9 weeks to wait now lol :)
Your very welcome Jake and dont forget the paragliding too ;)
Hi Jake :wave:

I stayed in the hotel next door the Club Belcekic Beach Hotel and we dropped people off at the Olu Deniz Resort and it looked lovely, the surroundings are beautiful and the hotel well located for the little town. You have got a bargain as I have checked prices for the ODR and they have been quite expensive.

Security is also good as I tried to get a look round there when I stayed at the BB incase I wanted to book sometime & they noticed I had the wrong coloured wristband and wouldn't let me through the gate. :rofl

I have read reports that say the food is good & I think they have now built a second swimming pool.

It would be really great if you could put an up to date review in the hotel review part of holiday truths when you return for people like me who might consider going in future years.

Have a lovely holiday, I am sure you will enjoy Olu Deniz.

Doe :wave:
Thanks for the comments, all good to know, esp the bit about security!

It would be really great if you could put an up to date review in the hotel review part of holiday truths when you return

Will def do this, you'll have to wait a while yet though lol :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.