Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
OLU DENIZ
11 Posts
come on someone must some info on this one
Lindy, please wait for a reply.
If someone has the answer they will post.

Thank you

Kath x
Hi Lindy.
I suppose you can walk down to Olu if you're that way inclined. :)
Not sure if the last bit of road down the hill has a footpath though. It never used to, but the last time i was there (May 2007) They were doing a lot of work. so maybe it has one now?. Not sure i'd fancy it otherwise cos it can get quite busy.

Snapper
We were in Ovacik in July. A friend on our apartments went walking every morning, got up at 6am! He did walk to Olu Deniz one morning, it took him 2 1/2 hours to walk there and back - and that was in absolutely blazing heat!! Think he spent the rest of the day in bed.
Yes people who've stayed at the villa have walked down, be warned though, unless you've had your shoes for years and they are seriously broken in, take lots of plasters!!
We were staying in Olu in August and whatever time of day or night we drove up the hill, there were people walking up and down. Personally, I would think it quite a hazardous walk - cars overtake on the bends nearer the top and we saw a couple of accidents in the time we were there. I would imagine it to be a horrendous trek in the July or August temperatures though - it's a very long hill!

Cazz
If you love to walk, the Lycian Way long distance footpath along the coast starts in Hisaronu. There's a big sign over an archway to mark the spot near, I think it was, the Montana Pine Hotel. Too hot for me though! Probably best done in April or October methinks! see http://www.lycianway.com

PS Obviously I'm not suggesting you do the whole thing, but just following it a little way might be good. It is way-marked.
Most of the road down the main hill into Olu doesn't have a foot path, although you could walk on the edge of the road I don't know if I would want to risk it. There was a serious road accident when we arrived back in August, and the way that some of the people drive they wouldn't really be on the lookout for people walking.

In the times we have been up and down the hill, I havent actually seen anyone walking, but you could get off the Dolmus at the top of the resort and walk down. Its not the best of roads for walking, but much better now it has been resurfaced etc for driving :)
Hi , I've just come back from oludeniz. any questions?:)
hi

There is a path that takes you into olu deniz. It is off of the road that leads to the Montana Pine Hotel. It takes through the pine trees and from the back of olu and then straight to the beach. The path is slightly hidden by the plants but you turn right by the sign.

My husband and I tried to attempt this a few years ago and missed the sign to Olu and ended up Babadag Mountain. We got a good view looking down onto Olu Deniz and a tortoise, some crickets, butterflies and some bees (not my husbands favourite) before we decided to go back to the hotel, where from this direction we saw the sign to olu.

Hope this helps.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.