Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
olu deniz
12 Posts
Hi
You will be spoilt for choice!
Captain Hooks , Captain Ahmeds, Secret Garden and the A la carte at the Belcekiz Beach in Olu and for a real change Cinbal in Kaya Koy - choose yor meat and cook it at your personal BBQ
Enjoy Olu - fab
Any questions , feel free
lally 8)
Do try The Turkish Pizza for lunch one day.....it is a little upstairs open air place and it is a real delight. The proprieter is very charming too.

We enjoyed Captain Hooks too and also liked The Pine Tree (was The Pirates). The Buzz Bar down on the beach is a great place to chill in the evening too.

ooooo.....one more month til we are back there....cant wait.
Hi Butty,
Spoil yourself and go up to Hisaronu 1 night, We have just got back today, we have just had, and always do have great nights in the Fez Bar, great bunch of lads, good drinks, great asmosphere,
:wink: Kev :wink:
Thanks to you all I will put those places on my list. Any tips when visiting the lagoon, how to get there? can we walk? oooooh I'm so excited!
Butty
There are 2 "areas" to the Lagoon. The first is natinal park and there is a small charge for admission - less than a pound and the usual charge for sunbeds / shades etc
There are also private beaches - which we prefer , found them to be less crowded. Our favorite is sugar beach , hammocks, massage, australian theme!! - owned by the same people as the buzz ar I think (one of the bars along the front def) and is very chilled - music is stuff like faithless
The private beaches run a mini bus service and will pick you up and drop you home - all they ask is you hire a sunbed and buy a drink or 2
We walked from the Belcekiz Beach to the main lagoon 20 mins or so but hard going in mid Aug!!
Where are you staying?
Lally
Hi lallygirl, We are staying at the Karbel Sun, the private beaches do sound good.
Have a lovely time - I am sure you will!
hi lallygirl

we are staying in fethiye, I love the sound of the minibus pick up and drop off for sugar beach. how would we go about getting this sorted?
would happily spend a day pay for sunbeds and drinks. i think the reference to faithless sold me :lol:

many thanks la x
Yeah, hot sun, cold drink and faithless is pretty good !!
In Olu the hotel receptions have the numbers of the minibus and drop you door to door
It is walkable from the dolmus station , fork left for the national park but keep on straight for the private beachs and its the first one you come to
This link takes you to their page,click into beach club they also have log cabins if you want to stay there. There are some phone numbers and an e mail site if you want to contact them
We loved it
Lally
http://www.thesugarbeachclub.com
just a little warning for those of you going to olu in the next couple of days the road from hisaronu to olu has been widened but they have not finished yet it should be finished by 5th june but is quite dangerous at the moment and very dusty i left the area yesterday they was getting ready for tarmac
anyway to all who are going this will be an inprovement so have a great holiday :lol:
We hired a soft top jeep last year when they were doing the road outside Fethiye, God did my hair look a state after that dust bowl :lol: :lol: :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.