Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We are going to Ovacik just in land from Olu Deniz in May and you will have a fantastic time. We went last year at the same time and the weather was great. If you prefer a hotel just in land from Olu Deniz I can recommend the Orca Hotel in Ovacik. We have'nt stayed there but have enjoyed eating out and entertainment there it is very impressive. It is situated on the road from Fethiye to Olu Deniz and you can get to the beach in 10 minutes tops by dolmus. It is also better situated on one level with easy walking distance of the bars, restaurant and shops in Ovacik for a more bustling nightlife continue down into Hisaronu which is very popluar with the Brits and has everything, I am disabled with walking difficulties but find the flatness of this resort ideal and I always manage to get around :tup
We went to the Sun City in May three years ago and the hotel was very busy!
There were lots of children there at that time but that was before the restrictions about keeping them off school during term time came in.
The food in the hotel was OK when we were there but I think it has changed ownership since then.
We didnt stay in the hotel during the day much as I couldnt stand the banging music around the pool.It was also hard to get a sun bed unless you got up at dawn!
I wouldnt go back as I much prefer Icmeler which is a bigger resort and which is very flat.
i think that time of year most places will be fairly quiet, as its only 2-3 weeks after the easter hols. olu deniz itself is fairly flat, but theres a steep hill up to hisaronu, i personally would opt for olu as you are close to the beach, shops etc, sun city has steps up to the reception area, but not sure about around the complex, as i only went into reception
Thanks for your replys.

We have decided to book Sun City. It looks fairly flat around the resort so a few steps won't harm me.

We also like Icmeler and have stayed there twice but our favourite - as you ellie-meg know - is Bitez, but we are giving it a miss this year.

We found the cheapest flights to be on the 25th April - 4th May with Monarch, so thats why we are going at that time. Hoping too, that there will be fewer kids about after the Easter hols.

Looking forward to having a trip into Fethiye. It will make a change from Bodrum.

Thanks again.

Marn and Mike. :cheers
olu deniz is lovely so im sure you will love it, make sure you go to the private part of the lagoon, suara or sugar beach are both lovely, i have been to bitez but i prefer olu deniz, but thats my preference, everyone likes different things. my friends stopped at sun city and liked it, but we just went to reception to find them lol as we stayed in lykia world which is just fab :tup
olu will be nice and quite it wont all be open as they never finish any works on time but you always have hisaronu and ovacik just up the mountain or a little longer on the dolmus you are in fethiye which is great :sun2
I'm sure we will love Olu Deniz. I've wanted to go there for years, but never made it.

It was just after Easter when we last went to Icmeler two years ago, and lots of the hotels an restaurants were closed, but we still had a good time. Just hope the weather behaves. :sun2

Marn.
Mike and Marn'

Have a super holiday. :)

See you in the future in our favourite place.

Hope you are feeling well. :tup

Love R xxx

(Heard they are opening an Indian this year on the back road..don't know if thats a good thing but I know my son will be pleased)
Thanks Kadi, will do our best.

I'm feeling much better after the op. now.

Don't know if we will make it to Bitez this year.

The indian sounds good though. :tup

See you, Marn. :sun2
there is always the indian in Belcekiz Beach in olu there indian is wicked or the shine in hisaronu :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.