Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Magnum is nice, we were going to book the same package with olympic till they sold out.
Hi Gail - not seen you on here for a while,how are you and Ray ? We have stayed at the Magnum, and yes it's ok but not as good room wise as the Sunset. Lads who look after the rooms are ok and one of the waiters there called Prem is best buddies with Ganesh (he calls in at the shack on his days off).
Breakfast buffet style is very good with an excellent choice and the main menu food is fine. Occasional bbq night with local band and food from the Tandoor is quality.
I would reccomend asking for a top floor pool view room (e-mail Magnum direct for this for the attention of John the manager). 10 min walk down to Ganesh's seems about right and it's only over the road for your favourite - Floyds.
Have fun !
hi
last year we booked the same & magnum was brilliant & no probs with olympic. we flew monarch (boo hiss crap as usual!!) but magnum is good typical 2-3 star goa accomodation (not posh but no complaints)but the staff were brilliant. the only reason this trip we are going to the osbourne(calangute ) is cos when we were at the magnum last time we tended to head towards the small bars around the osbourne that we loved from our first goa trips, no reflection on candolim or the magnum at all. the rooms were clean & comfortable & as i said all the staff were brilliant. our room was at the front of the building as i insisted on a balcony ( for my nicotine habits) it was a bit noisy at night so if you are worried earplugs will solve the problem (was traffic until around 1 am then barking four legged beasties later) but we really enjoyed staying at the magnum & would recommend it anytime.
Hi Phil (Spike)
Hope you and Dee are fine & looking forward to March. We're doing good and are ready to book for next year. The Magnum sounds all right. I don't mind if the rooms aren't as spacious as the Sunset, sure as long as it's clean and has the essentials (A/C, fridge TV and bathroom) it'll be ok. I know it's near to Floyds too.
Millym,
Glad you had no probs with Olympic. If I do go ahead and book I'll ask for a room on the top floor with a pool view.
The reason we're considering this deal is, the flights are on a Sat, which saves us a days holiday (more days left for more hols!!) We normally use Thomas Cook, for the Sunset, and their flights are Sunday returning on a Monday. Got a real cheapie earlier this year (£712 for 2) but haven't seen anything to compare for next year.
We're thinking about going right at the end of the season so I'll maybe leave it for a wee while before I make my final decision (and hope that they don't sell out)
Thanks folks
Regards
Gail
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.