Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
May I suggest that you sit down and write a full report on your holiday and experience.

List in an orderly manner what was wrong, not to the standard promised.

If you then repost I am sure members of HT will try to express their opinion and what they think you should do next.

Might be a pain, but should you wish to pursue a complaint for compensation, then you will need to do it anyway.

Many members have consulted Ros Fernihough, Travel Law Solicitor, with success when their holiday has not been to the standard promised.

Ros has offered our members free impartial legal advice. Please note that Ros does not read or post on this board any contact to her must be made via :-

Tel :- 01922 621114

fwh
thanks for your reply i have done this to lowcostbeds.com who say they are not responsible for holidays they book because they are an online company.i shall try your advice.

*Edit to restore normal font Briar
You are being fobbed off. As they are a UK based company and they are governed by UK law.

They have contracted with you to arrange accommodation - the fact it is not in this country has nothing to do with it. They are, in my opinion, from what little you have posted in breach of contract

I suggest that you now contact Ros Fernihough and get her opinion.

fwh
thanks i will contact ros fernihough for her opinion
I believe if a major change is made to a holiday they should arrange accommodation of an equal or better standard, offer you a full refund (not applicable as you were already out there) and give a cash amount of compensation (usually not much I hasten to add).

Good luck with it, they are very much in the wrong as you booked and paid for a holiday that you did not get and were not notified of any such major changes in advance and therefore were not in a position to cancel if you had so wished.
hi thanks for your reply , my problem is lowcost-holidays say its not their responsibilty they are only acting as the agents. they might be lowcost but we paid £630.00 for two of us 7days
LOWCOSTHOLIDAYS are selling Package Holidays and are thus obliged to comply with the Package Holiday REGULATIONS

They are also members of ABTA, who have their own CODES of CONDUCT and standards to comply with.

Don't reckon this company can walk away from it unscathed!

Peter
Just to clarify Chris did you book a package holiday ie flight and accommodation through low cost holidays or just accommodation?
Under ABTA rules they are supposed to reply to any complaint within 28 days. I had initially written to them twice and they did not reply, however when I took this further to ABTA only then did they reply. From this you can see what kind of company I am up against. I do not intend to let it go if they as a company can not follow the rules and regulations that are set out for them to be part of ABTA.
Chris we posted together earlier - please see my question above yours - thanks.
Hello Glynis,

Sorry I have been a pain on the hotel reviews but as we are retired we take 3 holidays a year and have never had a nightmare like this. This was booked as an advertised package deal including hotel and flights. My anger comes from the fact that the company in question has not dealt with the problem correctly.
Luckily you gave your email address on reviews Chris and I was able to point you to here where the best advice is (reviews are not the place where you can receive assistance).

Thanks for the info re package as this would have made a difference.

Have you had a chat with Ros yet? If not give her a call. The advice will be free.
It sounds like you have a case Chris, but as fwh said at the outset you really do need to write down, in a clear manner the exact nature of the problem.

Bear in mind that you might ultimately need to present your case to a county court (small claims court). If you hold that thought when you are writing anything it helps to remind you to keep things orderly, precise, focussed and accurate.

I was a little confused by your first post so would welcome reading a clearer version.

Mike
I hope you get it sorted Chris. I've used lowcostbeds in the past for accommodation, as well as other similar companies, and never had a problem, but I also e-mail the hotel direct to confirm they have actually got the booking.
This is the company I have booked my holiday to Menorca with. Have not been able to get much info on the apts we have booked Cabo de Banos Calan 'forcat. After reading the posts on here, I am now more worried than ever.Due to go in 5 weeks can anyone advise me.Janette Logan
Chris

You say it was a package. When you booked did it display a separate price for the flights and then one for the accommodation or did you just get one total price without knowing what the individual components cost?
Hiya Janette,

This thread is from three years ago and to the best of my knowledge I can't say that I have read any other complaints more recently on here about Lowcostbeds.

What exactly are your concerns? Lowcostbeds appear to be as good as the next operator and many companies use them as agents for the accomodation they offer within their websites. As a usual DIY holiday booker myself I would not hesitate to use them as the prices are good and the company itself is very popular with other holidaymakers.
The problem here is that old perennial on HT - someone comes on with a question/problem - we try to assist and then hear nothing.

If you ask for help and it is (freely) given, then it is just a matter of courtesy that you come back and tell us how you went on. But that is just my opinion.

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.