Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
on way flights
10 Posts
Please do not post in phone style text, eg bk instead of back, sum instead of some, etc.

Some of our visually impaired members use Screen Readers that do not recognise this type of text.

luci :wave
hi sorry about that i have now edited my post.
Hi JoJo,
I can see where you're coming from with your plan! I would say it's a good idea as long as you don't 'have' to be back on the 10th Sept (i.e. for school or work etc.). It may be that there are not 6 seats available on that day or they could be more expensive than you had bargained for. We often get one way seats but almost always pay more for the return sector. We have had last minute outbound seats to Dalaman for under £40 but have had to pay £200 each to get back and that's out of season! It's a gamble but as I said if you don't have to be back on a specific date it might be worth your while risking it. How will you book the return sector seats? Will you have internet access out there?
Good luck anyway!
Cazz
it is a risk, my mother lives there and she often gets cheap flights to the uk from dalaman but its usually out of school hols, you can book flytcook, aegean flights and easy jet flights from turkey not all companies allow you to do this. i know goldtrail were one of the companies you couldnt last time i checked but maybe they allow this now if you have done a dummy run. if you are prepared to take the risk then it might be worth it, as long as you are prepared for the price to go either way
as elli says it is a risk but if you are not fixed to a time limit the you should be ok,i have done it twice but its alot of aggro to get a flight :sun2 or try kibris
http://www.kthy.net/kthyen/flight.php
When I lived in Turkey I used to get one way flights back, I would just book 1 week before I wanted to come home. There was only me and my baby though so I only needed 1 seat. If you are looking for 6 seat I think you would be taking a bit of a chance. If you don't get anything you would be stuck and I'm sure your kids need to get back for school. I'm not sure that I would do it.
hi yes we will have internet access from my mums place,the thing is with the kids and school the 10th is a friday so they would only have had a few days off by the time they go back after school hols so i can play with a few days after the 10th,yes the big risk is the 6 seats, i see by looking now that flights for next week to come home are quite cheap but it would be just my look they would not be lol, as my mum is paying for all our flights its not my money but she says she is prepared to pay the going price if no cheap ones come up,i think i would rather have them booked b4 i actualy go, thank you all for your kind advice, i am now unsure what to do :think, i shall be back when i have decided what to do let you all know how i get on, xx
Have you tried kiss flights they use Pegasus who are now flying to Manchester good luck .
hi thank you for your reply but we have decided to not go with the one way flights my other half got a bit nervous and i am watching the goldtrail flights at the moment as they are comig down slowly but surely, they are on£220 at the moment and am hoping to get them to go down to £200 then il book them if not il pay the £220 at end of the month wen i have saved a bit more, jst hope they dont shot up like sumtimes they do :( xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.