Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
I would book before you go as I would like to know where I am going and what I am paying..

Do you know which resort you are heading to ? This time of year there should be plenty of accommodation and numerous accommodation only websites. Expedia,Easyjet,travel republice hotelopia, for Majorcar I often use Prima Travel.

Kind Regards
Stewart
I would definately do a bit of research and book before you go.

I have used xscapewithus and holidayroomsdirect on numerous occasions just to book accomodation only, and have never had any complaints.

Good luck and i hope you have a great time wherever you end up.
I find booking before cheaper, we have used medhotels, WSH ,hotelconnect and somewhere2stay before no problems at all, youve just got to decide where you want to stay. Not all resorts are fully open til May so you may be best nearer Palma just depends what you want. CBG
Very sound advice from the previous posters, you will be lucky to book anywhere cheaper at the Hotel desk.

Accomodation providers offer the best deals.

Dave :wave:
You've got to start with an idea of which resort you want to stay in otherwise without booking or researching you're going to land in Palma and not have a clue what to do next.

Choose your resort - you can check various resorts by looking through our resort reviews for Majorca by Clicking Here remember though that it will be out of season when you are travelling so resorts will be fairly quiet. You might be better in somewhere like Palma Nova?

Next decide if you want self catering or B&B, Half Board, or All Inclusive.

Then come back here and let the members know your decision and I'm sure we'll all help you find a decent place to stay which suits your needs. Don't be scared we all had to do DIY for a first time at some stage. :tup
Thankyou to all of you

i will have a look at the resorts, any ones u guys can reccomend, i wanna see as much as possiblle of different places ...ie...different locations every day (we have seven days!)

with a resort ur actually stayin in one place arent you?

apologies for my awful english and lack of experience!
Hi,

By the sounds of things it seems you looking to travel and explore Majorca rather than a holiday in one place. I assume you are hiring a car to travel round. Maybe it would be best to get a map and plan your way around the island. Spend at least your first or last night in Palma Town which is near the airport, which is a lovely place.

I am not big on the inland attractions of Majorca but others here should be able to help ( there are caves of Drach and Soller ). What are you looking for attractions, beaches, etc the more info you can give on what you are looking for the more people on here can help. If you are looking only to stay one night in each place in might be better to book when you are there so you can be flexible if you want to stay another night or if you dont like a place move. Maybe book your first nights accommodation in Palma Town so you know where you are on your first night.

Spend one night in Puerto Pollensa as this is a lovely resort and may get you thinking about coming back for a relaxing holiday there sometime.

Kind Regards
Stewart
I'd suggest you try the Thomson website, they currently have self catering at the Bonaire in Cala Bona at £24 per room per night and half board for two people in a twin room at the Santa Lucia in Palma Nova from £28 per room per night. Both of these get good reviews.

Andy
Hi , if you are only going for a few days, I find the resort of Can Pastilla quite giood. It is only 5 minutes friom Palma airport (Still not too noisy with the planes) it is more a German resort, but most hotels are very friendly. We have stayed in several, it depends what you want. If you want further info email with PM - I use Wintersunshineholidays.co.uk or Travelrepublic.co.uk for accommodation, I have been using them for years and I do not think you will find cheaper, even for good rooms

thanks

jj
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.