Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I know lyn, i couldnt stop laughin too LOL, actually i think more the case i PMSL haha
Me too - hope Bryn lets us know how he got on!!
Lally
i saw it and nearly fell off me chair .I had to post it on my C.O.D clan website for all the clan to see, btw 5 more weeks and we,ll be there too
hehehehe that is funny :lol:
I will confess that I found this on another Turkish forum and credit must go to Steve in Istanbul.

one of the other comments was that its a good job his first name isnt UGO. :lol:
bryn
said on another post on here no booze allowed to be bought today is that correct??
I went out and bought a case last night!!

The supermarkets have closed off the booze sections today but most of the corner shops will probably be selling after the poles close, and I suspect most of the hotels and tourist cafes etc will be selling, even if they are being a bit discreet.

We will be barbecue-ing on the balcony and watching the results come in.

Trouble is I have to work in the morning :(
bad news though u on holiday and cant get a drink, and have to do it cloak and dagger style!!!!!!
Yes but if you goto this guys web about half way down the page is the voting form- now you see why they have to keep them sober before they vote :lol: :lol:
so is it just turks who cant drink cos of today? or is it tourists too, cant see problem letting tourists drink they not into the elections!
yes but how do the law makers enforce thing if not by a blanket ban??

But like I said the tourist places are probably still serving.
Anyone know how the election went.
Results are in and its more of the same

AK party still have the power and apparantly our man Mehmet won a seat in parliment!!! I have to check this out though
ok its confirmed our man Mehmet Ufuk Uras is now a member of parliment.

Cant wait for the day when a bbc newscaster has to read this name off of autocue :lol: :lol:
Mehmet did make Jon Henley's column in the Guardian today. Unfortunately he is an independent MP so is unlikely to appear on the Today programme very often.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.