Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I can see that it's inconvenient to be flying out the following morning on your return journey but the outward flight is only just over 2 hours later. Why not try and see if you can book an extra night at your accomodation? It will possibly be cheaper to do this than take the refund and have to buy more expensive flights. As the 31st is a Sunday you'll still be home in time for work on the Monday.

Personally I always prefer an early flight home if I can manage it - I hate the hangiong around on the last day, especially if it's not possible to keep the use of the room /apartment until we leave.

SM
Agreed - and while I am not an expert on charter "matters" - I should think going with XL is likely to be a better experience than with Onur Air.

Nivsy
I'm with you there Nivsy. I've been with Onur Air once and saw enough, never again unless they are the last airline traveling to Turkey on earth! XL, providing they run to schedule should be a better and safer way of getting to and from your destination. For £70, I don't think it's a bad deal even considering the flight times are less convenient. TCX would be £200+

Darren
Nubber

I wouldn't be so put off about DIY. There are numerous examples on this forum of packages being changed like this, especially with the Mytravel/TC merger going through. And you have at least been offered the option of a refund which is something many of the package companies won't. Imagine what you would feel if you had paid for the whole thing and they changed you to something unsuitable.

The really odd thing here is that Aegean are still offering the Onur flights, now at £200 return. The XL ones are currently going for £278 return.
ok guys thanks for the replies having looked at other options eg thomas cook same holiday is going to cost an extra whopping £310 and as the return flight now is at 06.15 it gives me a full 14 nights in marmaris.also going in june as well so it would have been both changes meaning a loss of £400 cancellation charges,with this in mind the sensible option is to leave it as it is.and xl is probably a safer airline...many thanks
contacted the hotel company for an extra night on both holidays £75 all because of flight change.
My flight time going out has been changed aegean notified me by letter on Saturday now deprting at 22.55 instread of 20.45 After reading this thread I checked and right enough flight out is now an xl one (out of Glasgow) return flight to Edinburgh remains with onur air at the original time
I found out today that my 0600 hrs XL flight to Dalaman next June has been changed to 1900 hrs. I only found out looking at XL's website - they did not contact me about it. Having called them about it they now tell me that they will contact me "soon" to advise me of my options!

It is frequently the case that the earlier you book the more chance you have of the airline amending the flight times.
Taxman,

It is frequently the case that the earlier you book the more chance you have of the airline amending the flight times

Yes, this is a common problem with some airlines. XL seem to be one of the worst. Refer to the XL thread for more details.

Darren
hi guys been on aegean flights web page unable to check my booking and looks like no flights available from glasgow to dalaman anymore also been on xl web page and according to the places they cover glasgow to dalaman is not one of them? the flight info.is
xla-886v glasgow to dalaman and xla-887v on the return,should i be concerned or will i call them just to confirm...cheers
The Aegean flight will be a charter service and therefore not be listed on the airline's web site. You should ring the company you booked with originally to seek confirmation.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.