General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
This one happened many, many years ago when I was in my early 20s. We went to the welcome party and hardly anyone else had bothered. The rep had been given lots of bubbly to give out so he decided that he would use the lot. And we stayed. Big mistake. Later on in the evening I did the classic tuck my back of my skirt into my knickers when in the loo and I will always remember the realisation of what I had done when I saw everyone having a laugh. We haven't been to a welcome party since :rofl
Queuing for a ride in one of the parks in Florida there was a family of rather large Americans infront of us. One of the ladies looked like she was wearing a large nightie. My children were small at the time. All was going well until my daughter piped up " Mummy, why has that lady got boobies on her back ? " It was one of those "I wish the ground would open up " moments.
:rofl Like all 3 but think the teeth one is my favourite :rofl
We went on a mini-cruise with some friends and the first day in our first port, on went the sandals of on of our fellow travellers only to find he'd packed a pair of brown leather sandals but - the left foot of each pair!

We had a right laugh every time we thought of him walking round in circles. :rofl

We still giggle about it now when we're together and that's about 4 years ago!
Three weeks ago on holiday 7pm I had just had a shower and was sat on the bed in my pants only, talking to my wife and the door opened, no knock, and the maid started to come in. She took one look at me and turned and ran saying wrong room wrong room as she went. My wife went to look and she did have a pillow case in her hand as she ran down the corridor. It was a day later that it hit me , what was she doing that time of the evening still doing rooms or was she looking for what had been left out !! I cant remember too many ladies actually running away from me before
......unpacking in Cayo Guillermo,Cuba the first time we went, suddenly realised that I hadn't come across any shirts or tee shirts--my wife then remembered where they were -hanging on the back of the bedroom door at home after ironing -she hadn't packed them!!
Had to pay a small fortune for two polo shirts at the inhouse shop since we were miles away from any towns.
Taught me a lesson -do your own packing!!! :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.