Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Viv12 the bane of every cruise the Dress Code question:

First of all, do not worry about day time dress code. What you feel comfortable in, ie, your normal day time wear. Myself, on a number of occations I have worn, tidy jeans, sports top and trainers.

If you wear swim wear for the pool, this is not allowed in the main dining areas, lounges interior bars and reception, however, the pool side snack bars are OK and all P&O ask is if using the inside buffet restaurants a shirt, and suitable footwear.

The dreaded formal night, The dress code of the day is applicable for every one over 18, so your 14 year old does not have to wear full formal. But P&O ask that on formal nights the under 18's dress is a minimum of smart casual, no denim or sportswear, is allowed. So, nice slacks, open neck shirt and try for a jacket but this is not required. However, in my opinion you son will stand out. Formal nights are a chance for everyone to show off and most do even the under 18's. But, you are right all the girls and ladies dress for everynight, even the casual nights. They like to show off, where some of us men rebel a little.

If you have a P&O brochure, page 231 in the 2009 brochure helps with the dress code.

Cannot help you on your destination & dress, but enjoy your cruise with Oriana but if no one gives you an answer regarding the Fjords and if you want any more help, try http://www.crowsnestforum.co.uk/

You will need to register but we are a freindly lot there.
We did the Fjords in mid June and it was freezing, We both had to buy extra fleeces and warmer hats at our first stop
We even had snow :yikes very wierd when the suns still out at midnight
Keep an eye on the forcast the week before you leave . I was told by a guide that the northern Fjordsd start getting fresh snow and turning cold from early September
Pack for winter and summer it can do both you need rain gear so take a fleese as well

This is not a north cape trip so you could be lucky and it be OK.
thanks for the tips - I am driving to ship so i can take plenty of luggage!! I have been checking daily weather for Bergen and seems similar to here so will need both hot and cold gear. Thanks again for replies. :tup
Would love to know what you think of Oriana when you return, Viv.

Im due to sail to the Caribbean on her at the end of September,

Hope you have a lovely cruise to the Fjords. I believe the scenery is stunning.

Kath x
Will let you know Kath, my mum has been on all P & O ships and Oriana is her favourite ! Not long now, so post a response as soon as I return :tup
Hope you have a great time!

Il be interested in how you get on as Id love to do this cruise one year!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.