Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Apartmentos Orlando,
Calle Antonio Navarro s/n, Playa de Las Americas, Costa Adeje, 38660 S/C de Tenerife
TEL - (0034) 922 715 896
redandwhitegirly,

Good to know you had a good time - who did you book the holiday through, or was it direct with the hotel. What were the apartments like ?

Chris
We booked through Dawson and Sanderson(Sunset brochure)and all the flights and transfers etc were Thomas Cook.We actually booked a year ago and think we paid over the odds but it was enjoyable.The apartments were pretty basic but clean enough and there werent many cockroaches either!If you are unfortunate enough to be on a top floor then its pretty bad because theres millions of steps!If i ever get the chance i certainly will return!
Thanks for that!Dont know how i would have found the address otherwise!
we've booked to go to the orlando apts next April, whereabouts in Las Americas is it......?

is it anywhere near the waterpark?
See the attached map. It is over the motorway from aquapark and next to the skypark.
http://www.teneriferesorts.com/images/maps/south_tenerife_map.gif
Hey all, me and 4 other girls have just booked to stay at the Orlando apartments in playa de las americas for July. I have read quite a few bad reports about the place and am hoping that it isnt all that bad.

Please could anyone who has stayed there let me no their opinion.

Cheers! xx
Hi Kat

The orlando has had some bad press in recent times. However the management company are selling most of them off individually now, and the clientel is changing from 'yoofs' to middle aged owners. Having said this these new owners can still holiday let them, but individuals tend to take more notice of who they are letting to than large tour companies do.

I park my car outside the Orlando whenever i eat at the Sun Inn - Across the road and up the back street, highly recomended - and never have any bother with it.

Its not going to be 5 star accomodation but there are certainly worse complex's around.

:wink:
Its not the greatest complex, but is locatedin quite a good spot, with plenty of bars and restaurants in walking distance.

The pool areas OK but can be quite slippy and most of the other common areas are well kept.

There are still 2 or 3 major tour operators in there and if things were that bad they'd have bailed out by now!!

Have a good time!!
Wow i am staying in orlando apartments as well and im from leeds! Woo when abouts ar eu staying Kat? Shall be fun
As previously mentioned apartments are moving to individual ownership from tour company use. I was offered one last year but the complex reputation stopped me from buying and because its next to TF1 - it may have been a bad move not to buy.

The move away from tour company usage happened with Sur Y Sol apartments in Los Cristianos when the holiday company 'moved' out and went 'up market' - with Sur Y Sol you couldn't very well go further down market !

Those who have seen Sur Y Sol will know that little infrastructure investment has taken place for some time.

Perhaps the tour companies are still around Orlando for contractual reasons.

Popped into Orlando a couple of weeks ago and it isn't that bad, the pool area was not overly full and the local tour reps were arranging the next event - there is a full daily schedule of activities to keep you awake !

One thing that they have brought in from the real Orlando is poolside music - no chance of a quiet rest by the pool.

If you have an apartment with a 'sea view' - there are dozens upon dozens of steep steps to climb to get to your apartment to enjoy that view !

There are steps - 100's of them everywhere. Probably those that offer the most danger are those from the pool areas down to reception.

But hey - enjoy - its what you make it.
:( imagine for years you pay a lot of money to go on a self catering holiday. each year luckily you get the nice apts with nice furnishing, decent utilities and nice views, all things the brochure describes.
then this year you try somewhere different. somewhere like playa de las americas, Tenerife with its great reports, the great description in the brochure and so you arrange to book it for a group of 25 people.
how would you feel when you arrive for these people when your group of family and friends is firstly split up all over a sprawling complex. asked to carry heavy suitcases up five storeys of steps, walk into the most scruffy run down damaged apartments you have ever seen, then subjected to noise from 3 in the morning till 10 am with 18 to 30,s screaming their mouths off, fighting being sick or playing music?

add to this you go down to the pool in the morning to find beer glasses waiting at the bottom of it for your kids to jump onto (luckily we spotted it first). then the next few nights we are subjected to the same noise and worse as one day its the residents (some local Spaniards) who "as they live there we cannot do anything about" and are told if you have to go round to fight them then its up to you if it will make them stop.
your rep is hardly there and doesn't follow up any complaints when you've had to ring the main office at the other end of the island... also regularly kicking over empty and littered beer bottles around the complex, sick on the path rotting in the sun regularly, and thumping music played all day at loud levels around the pool, which water also made my daughters hair go a shade of green??? oh and mustn't forget the "yoofs" drinking bottles around the pool. this place has somehow got a 2 star rating my only thinking must be they stole some stars from a hotel down the road and stuck them on.

add to this around 50 to 80 touts at you every day for everything from "eat here - drink here -go on a boat trip here- massage- beach fruits- cheap flashing crap- sunglasses - bags- watches that go backwards- timeshare (oh but its not timeshare they say)- magic pens- if you can deal with that its quite a good place? ironically we as a huge group made a joke out of how bad those things were and managed to laugh about it. and ironically had a great holiday. but would we go back? never in a million years in those apartments and not until some touting laws are enforced. its not nice to eating a nice meal only to have to huge black guy in your face saying "hey del boy nice price you want glasses..etc" and the pub and bar owners seem to be in with it as i saw several of them storing goods for them. some of them even walk about in asda uniforms?

If Tenerife is a standard that people regularly put up with and go back to they must be nuts. . the aqua park was the highlight for the dolphin show but the water slide bit of the park compared to the 2 in Majorca is poor in comparison. the jungle zoo although quite a good day leaves you feeling sorry for the animals in such cramped cages. the boat trip to see the whales was a good day but again we was ripped off on what we paid by a tout from the beach. An English guy too who said he been there 10 years and told us we was getting free kids places. didnt lose out much on the price we paid, but the principle of being deliberately ripped off to your face shows the shallow nature of anyone offering you anything. i.e. you lose trust in its people. Majorca is far superior in our experience

oh and must mention the electrical shops there selling digital cameras and camcorders etc especially MP3 players. all ran for some reason by Indians, all selling the same things but for hugely varying prices and also selling items under false pretences i.e. a 256 meg MP3 playerand find they try to give you 128 meg but those of you who know how to access the settings can see it working before buying . same as with cameras try before you buy as you get copies or bits missing . all done purposely which is the bit that bothers the most. if you have booked for orlando apts ring now to get it changed if your a family, in fact demand it as it hugely ruin your holiday if you let it. why should we work hard all year saving for a slum like that?

mr S. Hughes
Hull
England
we stayed in the orlando about this time last year we booked a late booking for 5 nights the resort was alright but our room was one of the worst i have ever stayed in. laminated flooring was cracked and broken room generally crap saw about 10 big cockroaches our balcony was full of fag ends and crap in the morning as our balcony jutted out and we were on the bottom floor. early in the morning always fighting or loud shouting. banging loud music around the poolside which was also a skating ring when the tiles were wet. I did hear, and it did look like they were renovating rooms we must have just being unlucky thankfully it was for only 5 nights.
It seems that this place has not changed since we went in september 2003. Its an absolute hole. The rooms are beyond basic and are dirty, the bathroom was falling apart. It is without doubt the worst place i have ever stayed and was full of cockroaches.

The thing that really annoyed us was the way they tried to make money out of us. When we arrived on the first day we noticed that the plastic table in the apartment had a slight crack in it (and this was one of those hairline cracks that didnt go all the way through and was only just over an inch long). The cleaners cleaned our room twice with no mention of this. We returned to our apartment on our last day after being out and found that the cleaners had been in again and this time left us a note telling us that the table was "ruined" and we had to pay 70euro's in damages. Needless to say we were very angry at this and in the end we spoke to our rep who put a comment in his book for the day that we arrived saying we had reported this crack.

It just shows they are out to try and make as much money from you as they can. They had probably tried the same trick on goodness knows how many people before us that had stayed in that apartment! Its terrible to think they do this!!

If anyone is booking this place then think again and book somewhere else, if you have already booked and it is too late to change then brace yourselves! :?
Have to agree about the Orlando, AKA 'cockroach city'. Had our holiday from hell there about 5 years ago, (you might say you get what you pay for but the thing is it wasn't cheap & as it was a late booking we had no choice).
I have never slept on a bench in the street before, but I did on the last night (outside Admiral Travel) because I could not stand the cockroaches waking me up any more.

The whole complex from start to finish was an absolute disgrace, run down, filthy & very rude staff.

On our return First Choice didn't want to know - typical.

That was our 3rd visit to Tenerife but it did not put us off the island & are soon going out for our eleventh visit to sign for our new apartment.

I wouldn't recommend this complex to my worst enemy.
we stayed in the orlando apartments at christmas and allthough we had heard loads and loads of bad reports we thought the apartments were lovely and we didn't have any cockroaches in our room either...but i think it does depend on which room you get because when we stayed there we were quite lucky as we got a room which had just been refurbished and the other rooms were still being worked on. hopefully now though more will have been done.all the staff were really friendly too!

the apartments are also in quite a good area-we just come back from tenerife yesterday after staying in los cristianos and we much prefered stayin in the orlando apartments as they were in a much better area!
I manage some apartments in Orlando and I personally would not ever want to stay there. While some of them are not that bd in themselves, they are RIGHT next to the motorway and not the nicest of places. The location is ok as it is next to Torviscas market/puerto colon/san eugenio etc but its far too noisy and a bit rough for my liking. Sorry
my aunty went there last year. got a fantastic apartment and really enjoyed herself. her room was safe and secured and despite a spree of breakins round the complex she was untouched. HOWEVER she booked up again this year only to find that not all aprtments are in the same condition. she was disgusted in it so much so that she left considering her lock on her front door was also broken and this complex is robbers heaven. she wont go back and i would advise people not too either.

as for the resort i really enjoyed tenerife. yes it isnt as great as majorca but its still a good resort. the PRS did bring the resort down in my eyes and i think laws that are in operation in the balerics ie thel all have to wear bright jackets and are controlled or in Zante where they can only PR on their property MUST be introuduced into tenerife. i dont think it will be long though. but apart from that super place
ORLANDO apartments...........what a joke, i would never recommend this complex to my worst enemy. you have to carry your suitcases up all the steps as there are no lifts, our rooms were on the ground floor nd constantly full of cockroaches, the people staying in the next apartment had over 60 in one day and insisted on the room being fumigated before they'd go back in (it was fumigated eventually) i had an 20 month old child at the tim,e and requested a cot. This was placed directly next to a plug socket (clever thinking) i must add that i refused to let my daughter sleep in the cot anyway as the sheets definatly weren't white!!

The lock on both our rooms were dodgy most of the time we couldn't get in. We were woken every night by one thing or another either drunken guest jumping in and out of the pool(the security guard didnt do anything) there was fighting, people throwing things from balcony's and also music blaring till all hours. :evil:

This is the best bit...........beware of the 30 euro deposit
They will do anything to not give it back to you. They refused to give it back to us because my elder daughter had spilt milkshake on the sheets and they said it was stained (it wasnt because i washed the sheets through myself earlier that week due to them not being changed!!)
I requested the sheets back if i gotta pay then i wanted the sheets...only they had already been disposed of (maids only been to the room 1/2 hour before) and they are'nt disposed of on site its somewhere special (arn't they honoured!!) :evil: We returned one day to find half of the wall outside our door had collapsed, the sent bob the bodgit builder who thought he was building the great wall of china, they also tried to say we damaged the wall even though we had been out all day

We spoke to a group of 4 lads who also had there deposit kept because the bathroom towels were dirty..........the apartments have the same amount of towels no matter how many people are in them and they had put one on the floor to stop themselves slipping when they got out of the shower

If your staying in an apartment thats supposed to have room for a third person then you'll find the extra 'bed' is a drawer under the sofa

I will definatly not be returning to these apartments ever again although i really do love tenerife
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.