America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Prices are still goo in the Orlando malls and our of town shopping districts. My daughter is a lover of all thins "Named" and Purchased many items of Abercrombie & Fitch clothing at a fraction of the price. Clothes, Shoes and Sun Glasses were very good buts often 50% cheaper then you would expect to pay in the UK. Generally anything of American origin is a lot cheaper. The Mall @ Millenium point is a must for designed ware.

Word of caution remember your duty free entitlement - the same rules do not apply as in Europe and you are restricted on how much you can bring back so check with the airline. I do not know how customs would be able to tell were particular items were purchased as we all tend to go on holiday with new clothes!!!
ooh thank you, will try to bear in mind what you said while shopping :) will check before i go but as you said most people have new clothes for their holidays.
Hiya
i'd agree with above, most things American (most designer lables) are way way cheaper in USA and are to be found everywhere.
Disney is disney so not cheaper but proper brands are cheaper.
It depends where you're staying as to how much advice i can give as we stayed on disney property and only realy ventured to i-drive where there are hundreds of shops and 2 huge outlet malls, one is called premium outlet and the other is called the prime outlet, both on i-drive and both very good but the prime outlet is the larger of the 2 and has saks fifth avenue niman marcus and about 200 other shops all designer.
On i-drive itself there are loads of shops and shopping malls even a TK Maxx, called TJ Maxx is America, i guess it depends what you are looking for i got some Marc jacobs sunglasses for £30 same ones in Selfridges are £185 so absoloute bargain, it's a bit like being a kid in a sweet shop lots to see and buy but be careful lol you will get carried away.
I don't know if you're hiring a car? but if not then a taxi from downtown disney to the premium outlet mall(the closest to disney) is $15 then at the outlet you can purchase an all day i-trolly(bus) pass for $3 bargain and travel up and down i-drive all day as long as you like as many times as you like well worth it and they run ev 5 mins so no waiting we found the most people on it were Brits lol and the other mall the prime outlet is the other end of i-drive so just hop on the trolly and get off at the other outlet.
I loved shopping there i'm sure you will too.
Food wise it's cheap most places even restaruants offer good food at great prices again i-drive offers loads and loads of food choice, are you staying on i-drive,disney or elsewhere? let me know and i'll try and offer a few tips etc.

Jords
Hey jords, thanks for all that info, were staying on international drive, am so excited...... im hoping to buy some paul frank clothes im sure i`ll find them somewhere, any other info is greatly recieved. :D
Ex-Pat Brit living in Florida.

I-Drive at North end the Prime Outlets (re-built Belz Outlets)
South end of I-Drive is Premier Outlets (Most electrical places here sell you 240v 3-pin plug UK stuff)

Also be sure to check for bargains at:
Ross (clothing mainly)
Burlington Coat Factory (Clothing - not only coats)
Bealls (Pronunced Bells - Clothing)

Advice - see my other thread about insurance and stuff before you go.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.