America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
where are you stopping....if its a first time visit dont want to miss out on the parks..for too much shopping...we always used to go to the beltz shopping mall used to get great bargains there at the top of international drive...but that is now closed and the belz festival mall as replaced it not been there so not sure if the bargains are just as good.Heavy Showers around 4-5pm in september most days...remember to take a mac or buy something there..
We are staying on I Drive in the Orlando Metropolitan Hotel. We do plan on mainly visiting the parks, but just wanted to know where to aim our shopping at, so we don't spend too much time looking for places.

Many thanks
Mall at Millenia and the Florida Mall are the obvious choices as well as Premium Outlets at the bottom of I-Drive.
Hi,
The Belz outlets at the top of I-Drive were re-vamped a while back and it's now called Prime Outlets. Looks far better than what it used to be like :)
Look out for Target and Walmart. Both large multi-departmental stores selling everything from cheap clothes, food to household and electrical goods. Target is my favourite - wish they had them over here in the UK! http://www.target.com
Traveller,

do you know how you get to walmart on the bus from international drive? I cant quite remember.... when we were there we got the I ride to i think number 5 & swopped to a lynx bus? also do you know if the target is near to the walmart? i know theres more than one. lol thanks :)
There is a fairly new Walmart on Turkey Lake Road which is probably closest to I.Drive. (Turkey Lake is the road the opposite side to International Drive with the I-4 in between). I always drive when in Orlando so am not that familiar with the bus services. A taxi might be a good option for getting to this store. Another Walmart Superstore on Sand Lake (road intersects International Drive half way down) is on the way to MCO airport. I know the Lynx bus goes up that road and onto the Florida Mall so it might be a possible option.

There is an old Target by the Florida Mall but other newer bigger ones also around slightly further away. I tend to frequent the ones at Hunters Creek or by Mall of Millenia, but I don't think these will work for you without a car.

On both the Walmart and Target websites they have a store locator function. Just type in your hotel zip code ad the sites will give you a list of the nearest stores.

Happy shopping.
Thanks for all the replies so far, all your tips are really helpful :cheers
just got back from florida and got some good advice from posters here.

i went to premium outlets down bottom of i drive towards seaworld and prime outlets up past wet n wild i ride right to it.

also florida mall straight drive down sand lake road and walmart at turkey lake road a 5 mins drive from largest macdonalds in world.i went round prime in afternoon and premium in evening to get the shopping done in one day and out the way .but florida mall was bigger by then i had enough .
Thanks for your replys.. I think we went to the walmart on john young parkway & the bus stopped right outside the back of it.. i just couldnt remember the number.. thanks :)
Service 08 connecting with the 37 will get you from I Drive to the Walmart on John Young Parkway. Just take care when taking the bus back: eastbound and westbound service use the same stop. Take the wrong one and you will end up at the Florida Mall.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.